Subwoofer Decision

any proof? haha have you been living under a rock for the last 15 years? **** son. guess you have been really against the so called main stream audio brands. the 9500 is a beast woofer. here is an old video that was put together comparing them to the L7, W7. yeah its old. the 9500 subs have been used in many different vehicles. sorry you have not heard of them before. your loss i guess. they are a fantastic woofer.

I've used them. Heavy lil fkers. Doesnt impress as much as some other options.

W6 will sound the best. Its the best sq sub in its price range. The sa's are a great daily option will sound good and get loud. The 9500 are great subs but I would not use them unless you run more power to them. For a budget daily build I recommend the fi audio alpha 12's great sound, cheap and reliable 3" coil.

not as loud. Again... High RMS doesnt mean louder. It just means how much power it handles and sundown subs are severely underrated. you need about 2000 rms for that sundown X to feel comfortable. Two SA 12s would still be loudest out of the bunch. You can put more power to the SAs like 2k and get more out of them.
Does this rule apply also say for a single 12 that needs say 3000rms vs 2 12 that need 750rms. The 2 12s will still be louder on lower power?

Does this rule apply also say for a single 12 that needs say 3000rms vs 2 12 that need 750rms. The 2 12s will still be louder on lower power?
The 3k rated sub might get a higher burp score but for a wide bandwith and lower power the 750w subs will do better. This is based on total displacement not just cone area though. If you buy 4 super cheap 12's with 4 mm of excursion 2 better quality 12's with 16 mm excursion will have twice the total displacement of the cheap 12's. Once you get to decent quality subs however that are capable of 2in peak to peak vs a single sub capable of 3in peak to peak the extra peak to peak of the single sub can't make up for the extra cone area of the slightly less capable subs. There is also a lot more to it aswell like overall motor strength and so on.

Ok got it. So let em get this straight the Sundown SAs will be the loudest out of all the setups but the W6s will have slightly less output than the SAs but will sound better doing it? Are those the only difference Ill see between the woofers?

The w6 is a great sq sub not the best output but not horrible by any means. The sa is a solid daily sub that most people would be more than happy with. If you plan to run an active front stage and are very picky with sound get the w6. If you only plan to do a basic upgraded front stage get the sa. With 1500w+ you could also look into a single 15 like the soundrive sda3

any proof? haha have you been living under a rock for the last 15 years? **** son. guess you have been really against the so called main stream audio brands. the 9500 is a beast woofer. here is an old video that was put together comparing them to the L7, W7. yeah its old. the 9500 subs have been used in many different vehicles. sorry you have not heard of them before. your loss i guess. they are a fantastic woofer.

If I wanted a ******** answer, I would keep talkin' to Jane Kuthe or papermaker.

And fyi...I've heard them before. Just never got a chance to hear them in person.

Lastly, who says I was against mainstream brands? I've used MTX for years before kicking them to the curb. We all started somewhere.....and it sure as well wasn't DC Audio nor Sundown as they weren't around yet.

26351551.jpg

sorry, didnt mean to make you mad. sorry i dont have any of the times i have used them on video. was just saying they are bad a$$ subs. they can run all day with the sundown in this thread. they can get low for sure. way better than a W7 for low bass as well as musical. also can handle easily double the power they are rated for. basically an underrated subwoofer and all sizes are worth what they cost. yeah the cost is high for them brand new but they are awesome woofers.

26351551.jpg
sorry, didnt mean to make you mad. sorry i dont have any of the times i have used them on video. was just saying they are bad a$$ subs. they can run all day with the sundown in this thread. they can get low for sure. way better than a W7 for low bass as well as musical. also can handle easily double the power they are rated for. basically an underrated subwoofer and all sizes are worth what they cost. yeah the cost is high for them brand new but they are awesome woofers.
lol Witht he amount of BS floating around this forum, not sure how to take anything anymore.

That said, that youtube vid link was the worst "test" I've seen. When I say test, I mean compete against other rival known brands. Listening test. I guess the only way would be throw each sub in an enclosure ported and put them in the same vehicle. Same amp. Same settings, etc.

If the mtx was "way better" than a w7 on low frequencies, it was a box issue.
I wouldn't necessarily think the "box" was the issue. Maybe he wanted a design for an enclosure that would sound close to the W7.

lol Witht he amount of BS floating around this forum, not sure how to take anything anymore.
That said, that youtube vid link was the worst "test" I've seen. When I say test, I mean compete against other rival known brands. Listening test. I guess the only way would be throw each sub in an enclosure ported and put them in the same vehicle. Same amp. Same settings, etc.
Amount of shot? I haven't seen one good post yet.

Like what vehicle has using. Budget or options. Goals or expectations. And tuning lower than 32 is pretty pointless unless your jamming bass mechanic of slow down are synthesized music.

You need to address cabin gain. Potential phase issues poor transfer function possibilities there are way to many variables...

Measure your trunk. Give us some measurements. Chances are a pair of tens or a single 12 will be much more ideal in that trunk. 3.5 cubes is small for most 12s. Two tens gives you more cone area than one 12 and will have better transfer function over a large *** box stuffed in the trunk like 2 12s usually requires. To big a box where the pressure cannot be tradfered efficenly and affective into the cabin will sound worse and have reduction in output as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.