Subwoofer Decision

Accord90

Hey guys Im new to the forums and looking to get some help/advise on which subwoofer sill be the loudest and still have good sound quality at high volumes. Car is a 1990 Honda Accord EX 4Dr. I have a setup in mind but want the loudest I can get. Subs will be ran off a 1200-1500watt amp. Heres what I'm thinking below.

1 13.5 JL Audio W7 Amp - HD 1200/1

2 12" JL Audio W6 Amp - HD 1200/1

2 12" MTX 9500 Amp - RF T1500BDCP (the old school 9500s)

2 12" Sundown SA Amp - RF T1500BDCP

Ive went to a couple of local shops and both told me that the 13 w7 will be the loudest and deepest base for my music which is rap music. I know double the cone area the louder it will be. Does this all apply say if you get 1 12" thats 1000RMS or 2 12 thats 500RMS each. The total for both is 1000RMS but which would be louder the beefier single sub or the lower rms but 2 subs?

So the SA's will be louder than all 3 setsup I listed?
Sounds like your shops have no idea what the loudest is in the world right now. Typical brick and mortar shops that only know OG brands that are riding on their names.

This is where the big boys shop bud.

SoundSolutionsAudio's Online car audio store! Best prices, products and customer service. Fast shipping to US, Canada and More!!

RMS doesnt mean louder a lot of the times. Its just how much power they need to move.

Loudness is determined by how spot on your custom box is. I'd hook up with some local bass competitions first before buying so you know some decent box builders and loud competitors that know how to get loud who can help you design your system properly.

You can have a w7 in a garbage pre-made box get stomped by a 20 dollar flea market subwoofer in a perfect acoustically engineered box.

Id actually wager that the w7s would be loudest at lowest frequency... if $ is not an issue (you are comparing a 700$ sub to a $200 sub) id personally do the jl's if you plan to tune low. Extra cone area, and regardless of what the forum tells you, they are more suited to lower frequencies than SA's...and im a SD hugger

Id actually wager that the w7s would be loudest at lowest frequency... if $ is not an issue (you are comparing a 700$ sub to a $200 sub) id personally do the jl's if you plan to tune low. Extra cone area, and regardless of what the forum tells you, they are more suited to lower frequencies than SA's...and im a SD hugger
So the cone area vs bigger RMS handing does it apply if I do the JL W7 on 1200RMS vs 2 sundown SA on 1500RMS. I mostly listen to rap music so I think 34 hertz would be a good tuning choice? As far as the box for the 13 W7 would 2.5 net cubic feet be good and for the sundown 3.5 net cubic feet? both tuned the same

Forgot to add would the W6s play louder and deeper than the 13W7 in a 2.6-3 cubes net volume tuned to 34 hertz

So the cone area vs bigger RMS handing does it apply if I do the JL W7 on 1200RMS vs 2 sundown SA on 1500RMS. I mostly listen to rap music so I think 34 hertz would be a good tuning choice? As far as the box for the 13 W7 would 2.5 net cubic feet be good and for the sundown 3.5 net cubic feet? both tuned the same
Forgot to add would the W6s play louder and deeper than the 13W7 in a 2.6-3 cubes net volume tuned to 34 hertz
Stereo Integrity HST12MKII, can do crazy small sealed box, I have the 18 inch version and love it. Check out their website.

Reading evades me...just saw that its 1 jl, not a pair.

That said, do the Sundowns. 34hz really isnt low, and right in the wheelhouse of the SAs

Reading evades me...just saw that its 1 jl, not a pair.
That said, do the Sundowns. 34hz really isnt low, and right in the wheelhouse of the SAs
So the pair of sundown SAs will be louder than the single 13W7 correct? How about the 2 12s SA against the W6s what difference will I see?

Those car audio shops will always say JL or Kicker...or whatever mainstream brands they sell will be loudest.

Sundown would get my vote.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.