Subwoofer Decision: 3 PA FUBR's or 2 MOFO's

NJTStang11
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago, IL
For about the same price I can get 3 12" FUBR subs or 2 12" MOFO's

The fubr's can use a sealed box, which will save me money and space

Mofos are obviously the better sub, but I can only afford 2 and I heard ported only

Which would you pick and why?

Please no "Neither, Power Acoustik *****!" replies, thanks.

Oh, and either way it will be powered by a Power Acoustik a3000db amp

hmm... a retard and a handicapped person fighting.. who'd win?... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

between the 2, the mofo's ported would be a fair bit louder than the fubr's sealed..

can't say I'm in love with either option though.. but I've tested em both.. so there's my perspective.. good luck

Loyd L.

For about the same price I can get 3 12" FUBR subs or 2 12" MOFO'sThe fubr's can use a sealed box, which will save me money and space

Mofos are obviously the better sub, but I can only afford 2 and I heard ported only

Which would you pick and why?

Please no "Neither, Power Acoustik *****!" replies, thanks.

Oh, and either way it will be powered by a Power Acoustik a3000db amp
neither, both the PA MOFOs and FUBRs are terrible

neither, both the PA MOFOs and FUBRs are terrible

Actually the Mofo's are a respectable SPL driver, they have done some damage in comps before. I do rememeber some fella hittin about 152db with 2 15" Mofo's, vented at 6.0C tuned at 30hz. Wasn't bad!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

As for the Fubr's, I once owned them ages ago, decent yes, but definently nothing special. They do get loud, especially ported. I have had them in both vented and sealed, quite frankly they did fair in a sealed enclosure and hit very tight and accurate for that sub. I maxed at 146db with two 12's vented at 4.0C tuned at 32hz. Not bad drivers either way, I mean yes their are better in this price range. It's all up to you man, your choice not ours. All we can do is assist you and give some pointers and or opinions.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Are you competing? Are you looking for SPL drivers? Whats your budget? Those are just a few questions. I mean if you can give some more info we can maybe help you find something alot better for probably the same money. The amp you have though is a great amp, especially at its price. I own the A2400db and couldn't be happier.

Actually the Mofo's are a respectable SPL driver, they have done some damage in comps before. I do rememeber some fella hittin about 152db with 2 15" Mofo's, vented at 6.0C tuned at 30hz. Wasn't bad!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
As for the Fubr's, I once owned them ages ago, decent yes, but definently nothing special. They do get loud, especially ported. I have had them in both vented and sealed, quite frankly they did fair in a sealed enclosure and hit very tight and accurate for that sub. I maxed at 146db with two 12's vented at 4.0C tuned at 32hz. Not bad drivers either way, I mean yes their are better in this price range. It's all up to you man, your choice not ours. All we can do is assist you and give some pointers and or opinions.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Are you competing? Are you looking for SPL drivers? Whats your budget? Those are just a few questions. I mean if you can give some more info we can maybe help you find something alot better for probably the same money. The amp you have though is a great amp, especially at its price. I own the A2400db and couldn't be happier.
i had 3 mofos they hit but if u power them like i did they put pop on some noteshttp://www.cardomain.com/id/got_tha_bass

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.