Subwoofer Box help!!!!

SL33PY

Ohio
Well accually i am needing help with 2 boxes 1 is for me and 1 is for my friend.

He has 3 Memphis 15-MC124 12's running off of a memphis 1000d and we need help with box dimenstions for what would sound the best in a 95 lexus.

And i am needing help on dimentions on building a box for 2 rockford fosgate Punch HX2 12's. Any help would be grealty appreciated.

look in the book that came with your speakers if you have it it will tell you the recomended air space go with that is always a good rule of thumb or learn how changes in the box will change the sound. There is also software available that will guide you in the right direction if you know what your looking for. If you don't have the books check the manufacture website. Don't waste your time on Rockfords site though. They just put all their new product line that is hitting stores at the end of next month on there and you can't find any of the old specs. However if you need them let me know I have Specs on all Rockford product at work in my notebook.

Where can i get the software that you are speaking of that will help me with the speaker box dimentions, and also if it is not too much trouble will you give me the figures that you have in your book at work?

how complex do you want the figures? or are you just wanting to know what the recomended air space is? Power HX2 12" Recommended sealed is 1.0 cubic feet. With no tollerance in diagram. Recommended Venteded is 2 cubic feet I can give you the exact diminsions for fb=35hz Just let me knwo what your looking for

well what i was looking for was the deminstions that would make the speakers sound the best. How would i figure up 1 cubic ft. Pretty much you could say that i am needing a subwoofer bow building book for dummies. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if it's a square box.....Length X Width X Height will give u the volume, then u divide that by 1728 and you get the cubic volume.

for example a 12" square box would be

12 x 12 x 12 = 1728

Divide that with 1728 and u get 1 cubic ft of volume

So that is one possible dimension for ur box

Ok so if i build a chamer 12 x 12 x 12 = 1 cubic ft of volume. but what about when i insert the speaker doens't that change the speaker volume?

The same. if the internal volume is the same as a wooden box and you build it 1/4" thick it would be the same as a 3/4" mdf box. 1/4" is packed glass meaning no air or anything between layers but a good stacked thick layer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.