Subwoofer Barely Moving

Peggle

Hello all

I seem to have a problem with my subs. I have 2 12" rockford fosgates hooked up to a boss ph3000d monoblock amp. I'm using a stock head unit with a line out converter to hook up the rcas. Everything seems to work fine except that the subs are barely moving. I can get around this problem by turning up EVERYTHING on the amp to max including the remote bass control. For some reason I don't think this is supposed to be the way it's supposed to work, I've wired the subs to 4 ohm and 1 ohm to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hello allI seem to have a problem with my subs. I have 2 12" rockford fosgates hooked up to a boss ph3000d monoblock amp. I'm using a stock head unit with a line out converter to hook up the rcas. Everything seems to work fine except that the subs are barely moving. I can get around this problem by turning up EVERYTHING on the amp to max including the remote bass control. For some reason I don't think this is supposed to be the way it's supposed to work, I've wired the subs to 4 ohm and 1 ohm to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
dont take this to heart but 1 reason is probly that amp..... honestly your probly only getting about 750 watts rms if that much, from that amp to split between those 2 subs. even with a after market player you would probly get about 800 watts rms.

So even though they advertise it at 3000 watts max, it doesn't even come close to actually doing that? I know boss isn't very good but there's no way on earth they can be advertised like that if it doesn't do it, and also I tried running 1 sub at first and it was still doing that

Yea the amp and line converter are the issues here.. Don't turn the gain up much on that amp, you will be clipping the signal to the sub and may blow them.. The gain is NOT an volume controll!! Lol

So even though they advertise it at 3000 watts max, it doesn't even come close to actually doing that? I know boss isn't very good but there's no way on earth they can be advertised like that if it doesn't do it, and also I tried running 1 sub at first and it was still doing that
It might do that on its way to blowing up in a thunder storm with a direct hit from a lightning bolt. That aside they are still "ok" amps for what they usually cost.

by unplugging one rca and they beat, then plug it back in and sounds ****** then I would believe that you in fact have one of the inputs for the loc wired backwards.

It might do that on its way to blowing up in a thunder storm with a direct hit from a lightning bolt. That aside they are still "ok" amps for what they usually cost.
by unplugging one rca and they beat, then plug it back in and sounds ****** then I would believe that you in fact have one of the inputs for the loc wired backwards.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

nope.... but it will kill all of your cars electrical & subs while trying......

i just checked the prices for that amp. for the same price you could have got a audiopipe apsm-1500 or for about $50 more got a audiopipe apsm-2000. both of these would probly do WAY better then that boss....

I don't know about the loc... I triple checked every connection to make sure it was right, I spent a good 6 hrs on the loc I know for a fact it's right. And even tho the amp will probably never reach its max it should still be pushing out more than 500w rms lol

I don't know about the loc... I triple checked every connection to make sure it was right, I spent a good 6 hrs on the loc I know for a fact it's right. And even tho the amp will probably never reach its max it should still be pushing out more than 500w rms lol
Its cheap I would be suprised if its doing 375 per sub.

I bet the LOC being used for the signal is another problem. What vehicle BTW? Because a new head unit or OEM integration unit would probably help you out a tad.

Hehe.... Sell that amplifier to a local on CL, and buy something relatively decent after. Or purchase used off of here, because, myself included, members on here have tons of quality equipment that you could obtain for a decent amount.

Oh, and after I took a look at the amplifier, as far as power is concerned...

The MOST power you could get out of it would be 500Wrms, so the most power your woofers are seeing would be 250Wrms each. But I doubt it to be honest. Perhaps 200Wrms to each driver/400Wrms total is a better estimate.

Sell that thing, and one of us members will get you a real amplifier easy peasy buddy.

Also, what woofers from RF do you have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.