suburban build v2 12 cubes 230 inches of port tuned 30hz

Participant count
  • Participant list
Har far up and down are you looking to extend?

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

My 2 18's is only like 12.31 in^2 per cube @ 29 hz.

25-45 is all I need my mids pretty much pick up from there anything up from there is a plus.
Man, that's what I want. I'm going to get the sundown neo mids, hopefully I can get them to reach down to 50 hz or so. My LP is @ about 55 with 24 db/octave slope. I'm right there though, I don't like my bass to be overly buzzy in the high notes.

I am not a neo fan at all way to harsh for my liking. Even super tweets are way too bright. I know they are really cheap but I can't deal with a harsh front stage dont care how cheap it was to make it super loud. I should be at a show in tn sometime soon. Around nashville area.

I am not a neo fan at all way to harsh for my liking. Even super tweets are way too bright. I know they are really cheap but I can't deal with a harsh front stage dont care how cheap it was to make it super loud. I should be at a show in tn sometime soon. Around nashville area.
I'm going to try them out though, maybe I can EQ them to my liking. If not, I will find other that will work. See, I've heard bullet tweets that don't sound that bad. With bass that loud, for me, it's kind of hard to tell when they are harsh at high listening volumes as long as they are "tuned" correctly. I thought the same thing, I only wanted silk dome tweets, but it's all about how it's setup and equalized, imo.

Ive heard some pretty nice setup super tweets and pa speaks everyone raved about how good it sounded I walked uo and had to walk away no where near good enough sound for me I like a ton of sq in my front stage then my bass to really come in its hard to blend it all right but I have been able to do it for quite sometime. Had a couple sq guys sit in my truck a few years back tbey were pretty impressed how well it sounded for an spl guy.

Also the pa's really lacked the midbass I like
But see, a guy did a 126 @ like 40 hz with the sundown neo's, just with his doors playing. I guess it's how it's set up. Mine would be a sealed enclosure, glassed. But I'm new to the higher powered front stages.

Pretty sure he had a couple pairs of the 8's and a couple pairs of 6's in a walled jeep so the cabin was pretty small.

Pretty sure he had a couple pairs of the 8's and a couple pairs of 6's in a walled jeep so the cabin was pretty small.
Ya, but still, I think the midbass is there if you know how to get it. That's all I'm saying. But we shall see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Can't wait to see more of this up and going!

Ya, but still, I think the midbass is there if you know how to get it. That's all I'm saying. But we shall see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Can't wait to see more of this up and going!
Is that the one he has the 10's actually and ita 58hz

Ok folks got it all in and playing be on the look out for pic updates tonight and vid or 2 this is literally the loudest my truck has ever been cant wait for my meter to confirm it also front stage build will start next.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.