Subs Subs Subs

rock2593
10+ year member

so many different choices i just can decide myself....what do you guys think??

what would work best for my 2008 g35x sedan?

-ICON-10 D2

-Flatlyne-12 D4

-Alpine SWX-1043D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-I am open to any other suggestions i just can't decide what i want! way to many subs out there

Telling us what car gices us none of the things we need to know to help you... What power' date=' how much space, and what your goals are all a couple thing we need to know...[/quote']
^^^this , also what king of box and type of music you listen too,you want sq or just loud or both

Telling us what car gices us none of the things we need to know to help you... What power' date=' how much space, and what your goals are all a couple thing we need to know...[/quote']
-custom ported box that will still allow me to put stuff in my truck (i.e. two decent size suitcases when I'm traveling)

-i like to listen to my music pretty loud, especially when i have all the windows rolled down i like to crank it up as much as my speakers allow me before SQ becomes an issue especially with my stock speakers. But i generally listen to a variety of rap, Hip hop, dubstep, and house music.

-for subwoofers I'm looking for a sub thats loud and clean that will put a little more 'oomph' in the bass compared to the two i have now(two Alpine type-e's in a sealed box). I don't need a sub thats just gonna rattle the heck out of my car if you know what i mean. Also, Im looking for a sub that produces good SPL but also great SQ. one thing i like is some good SQ, I'm not looking for a sub thats just gonna blow my brains out and shake all my windows and doors, but definitely one that will still pound (more than two i have now) and produce good audio.

-custom ported box that will still allow me to put stuff in my truck (i.e. two decent size suitcases when I'm traveling)-i like to listen to my music pretty loud, especially when i have all the windows rolled down i like to crank it up as much as my speakers allow me before SQ becomes an issue especially with my stock speakers. But i generally listen to a variety of rap, Hip hop, dubstep, and house music.

-for subwoofers I'm looking for a sub thats loud and clean that will put a little more 'oomph' in the bass compared to the two i have now(two Alpine type-e's in a sealed box). I don't need a sub thats just gonna rattle the heck out of my car if you know what i mean. Also, Im looking for a sub that produces good SPL but also great SQ. one thing i like is some good SQ, I'm not looking for a sub thats just gonna blow my brains out and shake all my windows and doors, but definitely one that will still pound (more than two i have now) and produce good audio.
Anything is better than Type E's

I love my VVX15, I would say for your G35 get maybe 1 VVX8, since you trunk is already small the 8 won't take up much for your suitcases.

I think you be pretty surprised... If you wanna get serious about it Im selling a custom 8 that will get very loud...
^This, I'm sure it'll be just the right size (8") anything bigger and I think you'd lose more space than wanting (I've seen a G35 trunk).

Im not too knowledgeable when it comes to car audio but i just wanna make sure this is gonna be able to hit hard enough. I know my alpines when added together put out about 500RMS and the Skar 8" is only at 400. Idk if that means anything...kinda new to this whole scene and I'm trying to learn so correct me if I'm wrong
I know dealers/builder won't recommend going over rated, I'm current going over rated on my VVX15 by like 1000rms handles it like a champ.

^This, I'm sure it'll be just the right size (8") anything bigger and I think you'd lose more space than wanting (I've seen a G35 trunk).
Im not too knowledgeable when it comes to car audio but i just wanna make sure this is gonna be able to hit hard enough. I know my alpines when added together put out about 500RMS and the Skar 8" is only at 400. Idk if that means anything...kinda new to this whole scene and I'm trying to learn so correct me if I'm wrong

You are going to need to throw a lot of power at an 8 to be louder then your Alpines since they have the advantage of cone area... Id look at the new Sundown V2, DD 2508, Or like I said I have an 8 that should take around 1500rms daily...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.