ED e3.8 vs Infinity Reference 860w

Participant count
  • Participant list

2RZ-FE
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a dual 8" sealed box i made for my reg cab truck. It's .41cf each side.

I'm leaning toward the Infinity due to the 8db better sensitivity but not sure if that

really means anything. Have 500 watts to a pair can be either D2 or S4 subs.

Any other suggestions for this box?

Sa8s

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

They 500 eaxh woofer though

Stop suggesting sundown pls. I bought the Ed cuz it was on sale. Once I get it bumping I'll tell u how it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Stop suggesting sundown pls. I bought the Ed cuz it was on sale. Once I get it bumping I'll tell u how it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You mad bro lol. Naw i suggested it bc that woofer has a decent price, decent power rating, and gets down. What more you want?

Well for starters the ED's come in d2 and d4 and the Infinitys only come in s4.

The Infinity has slightly less motor force and xmax and a higher fs. I wonder about low end performance because all the other Infinity Ref subs have a low tune for the recommended box, but the 8 has an fb of 40hz. I wonder if thats to impress noobs or for warranty purposes or what.

The ED's only have a 1 1/2in voice coil vs 2in on the Infinity

HEre are tsps for the Infinity since the site isnt working:

VOICE COIL DC RESISTANCE: REVC (OHMS) . . . . . . 3.30

VOICE COIL INDUCTANCE @ 1 KHZ: LEVC (MH) . . . . . . . 2.31

DRIVER RADIATING AREA: SD (IN2) . . . . . . . . 33.17

SD (M2) . . . . . . . 214.00

MOTOR FORCE FACTOR: BL ™ . . . . . . . . 12.56

COMPLIANCE VOLUME: VAS (FT3) . . . . . . . . 0.54

VAS (LITERS) . . . . . 15.23

SUSPENSION COMPLIANCE: CMS (μM/N) . . . . 232.70

MOVING MASS, AIR LOAD: M MS(GRAMS). . . . 124.20

MOVING MASS, DIAPHRAGM: MMD (GRAMS) . . . 122.40

FREE-AIR RESONANCE: FS (HZ) . . . . . . . . 29.60

MECHANICAL Q: QMS . . . . . . . . . . . 6.10

ELECTRICAL Q: QES . . . . . . . . . . . 0.483

TOTAL Q: QTS . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.45

MAGNETIC-GAP HEIGHT: HAG (IN) . . . . . . . . .0.315

HAG (MM) . . . . . . . . 8.00

VOICE COIL HEIGHT: HVC (IN) .. . . . . . . . . 1.34

HVC (MM) . . . . . . . . . . . 34

MAXIMUM EXCURSION: XMAX (IN) . . . . . . . 0.513

XMAX (MM) . . . . . . 13.00

.28 recommended size sealed sir.
You're recommending something you've never even used... The SA-8 is quite possibly the worst 8" woofer for sealed applications.

OP, check out the Image Dynamics ID8 V3. It is rated at 150W RMS, but it can handle the 250 if you take care of it.

You're recommending something you've never even used... The SA-8 is quite possibly the worst 8" woofer for sealed applications.
OP, check out the Image Dynamics ID8 V3. It is rated at 150W RMS, but it can handle the 250 if you take care of it.
You are right about not using it before but with the price tag on them and reviews i have read so far, they seem to be a good woofer. With the ops setup he would have room to play with in tbe future if not satisfied with just 250 per sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.