Subs should like theres an echo or a hallow sound.

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlaudiow6
10+ year member

san diego
I just built a box for 2 12w7. They sound good but theres an echo sound or a hallow sound on some bass tones.

I did build the seald enclosure bigger than the recomended size for the speakers. I had to do that for the speakers to fit where i wanted it to.

I'm thinking of adding the leftover fleece(2 yards) To inside the box as an insulator. Since the box is too big I was wondering if the fleece will count as a displacement inside the box?

Cause ive seen some boxes that are almost completely filled with insulators.

thanks for the help

are the subs in separate chambers?

maybe theres a leak... just guessing... see if theres anything wrong visible to ur box

how are they wired? to what kind of amp?

Read the spec's on the correct box displacement. Its critical to get the correct displacement with a sealed box cause if you don't it will sound"hollow".Standard is from 1.0 to 1.5 cu ft per sub(12") depending on the speaker.

Yes the subs are in seperate chainbers and the specks are alittle bigger than recomended. I had to do that just to make the speaker fit where i wanted it to.

Will the fleece(or carpet) be a good displacement to take up some of the extra space thats unneeded?

Or do i need to put some extra wood in there as displacement?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.