subs picking up vehical frequencys...

Participant count
  • Participant list

des343
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have tried everything i know how i even tried to reground change my ground for the amp and the HU nothing seems to work

i get thumping in my subs when im not playing music from what i can tell it dont happen when i am playing a song or something but doesnt mean nothing is happening im sure.

i cant for the life of me figure this out ...i have a front battery ran to a back red top for my amp and it happens no matter wherre or how the ground is (though it still coould possibly be in a better spot)

i even get thumps when my blinkers are blinking this is so frustrating because i just dont have the right tools or know where else to look..im sure im doing something wrong but what :/

Ok. This could be several things...poor ground, clipping the amp (bass boost), etc. Did you run your power cables to close to your RCA's. You re-grounded the HU and amp ground and are sure they are good grounds, so let's try something else. Ground your RCA's on your deck. Some people doe this with wire, but there is another way. Just place small soldering points from the rca's on your H/U to the back of it. You will need a soldering gun and soldering wire (very cheap to get from radio shack, hardware store, etc)

Note: Pics were found on the net. Don't really want to take my H/U out.

Before

DSCI0031.jpg

After

DSCI0033.jpg

Using Wires:

PioneerFix.jpg

yeah im assuming it has SOMETHING to do with the HU but i dont know what..

what is the purpose of the solder? and i have wire and a gun but i just want to make sure i am not ruining anything.

but with that being said i have regrounded the deck to the negative terminal on my primary battery hoping that might create a better ground and make it stop ive tried multiple RCA cables. The amp is grounded to my Second battery which the second battery is grounded to the best spot i could find without making any major holes i grounded it to the bed of the Explorer (i cant find an better grounds inside the vehical off hand) but basically in all my trial and errors i have had the EXACT same issues after as i did before.

So leads me to believe it has something to do with the HU thats why i think this..now this HU is a panasonic double dinn and i only have one RCA pre-out for the amp (for a mono ONLY) so only the black actually exist. Then it has other sets for like a center speaker and a front amp as well as a set for aa rear amp but i get the same issue no matter what RCA pre-outs im using...

Process of elimination -

Unplug all RCAs from the amp. Still get noises?

Remove the remote and jumper the terminal directly to the battery terminal. Still get noises?

Does it happen only while moving (bumps in the road)? Something's loose then.

Connect a voltmeter with looong leads to the amp's power and watch while driving? (Please be careful with that)

with RCAs unplugged i get NOTHING...

i can give the Remote thing a try today

it does it only when the vehicles engine is running driving or not doesnt make a difference.

why do it while im driving?

Ok. This could be several things...poor ground, clipping the amp (bass boost), etc. Did you run your power cables to close to your RCA's. You re-grounded the HU and amp ground and are sure they are good grounds, so let's try something else. Ground your RCA's on your deck. Some people doe this with wire, but there is another way. Just place small soldering points from the rca's on your H/U to the back of it. You will need a soldering gun and soldering wire (very cheap to get from radio shack, hardware store, etc)Note: Pics were found on the net. Don't really want to take my H/U out.

Before

DSCI0031.jpg

After

DSCI0033.jpg

Using Wires:

PioneerFix.jpg
I agree with this guy, do what he say's :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.