Subs losing power

Jacobgat4

Ok so i have a 15" 3600W pyle subwoofer hooked up to a 1000W amp. I just put this in a few days ago and ive noticed that when i first turn my music on, the sub hits but it definitely doesnt hit like it should. The second thing ive noticed is that after playing my music for about 15 minutes the bass barely even hits at all. It seems like it just starts losing power after i start playing music and this happens every time. Anyone know what my problems could be or have any suggestions? Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jacob

It's prolly your equipment. They aren't the best. Hell not even decent. Just low end. The amp prolly does 300 watts rms and the sub. Prolly not much more But check your wiring

The box. Wiring. Battery. Sub. And amp are probably your main issues... Pics of set up? Slight sarcasm but most is probably accurate... Probably just tell us about your whole setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your probably having bad voltage drop which will give ur sub less output. Happened to me a couple months back. Sub would hit hard then lose hella power

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

I understand my equipment isnt very good but its all i got right now and i dont make a lot of money. My wiring is solid ive tripple checked all my connections and everything is fine. Is it possible its my voice coil on my sub?

The box has nothing to do with it my box is all good. My wiring is rock solid, ive just bought a new battery less than a month ago.But I was thinking it could be my sub too. Its a Pyle PLCHW15 3600w max dual 4ohm 350w rms. The amp is a Pyramid PB449x 1000 watts 250 watt rms @ 4 ohms. Im sure thats prolly all a lie considering how cheap it is but thats what it says

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

What would be causing the voltage drop?

its probably the amp honestly. or you have your sub wired to a ohm maybe the amp isnt stable at. i have never used ab amps before. so i dont knw if your amp is able to run at 2 ohm stable with that sub being wired down to a lower ohm. of if you just have the wires running a 4 ohm load but it seems the amp puts out 125 watts at 4 ohms *2 channel. so imo i would think your only getting 125 watts if that if your sub is running at 4 ohms on 1 channel. if u bridge it its using both channels but it doesnt say any other specs that i can see on website other than 125@4 ohms *2 channels

i have an old alpine vpower mrp 350 mono block class d thats been sitting in my closet for a few years if your interested. banged some old kicker comps my brother used as his first system

If you have your amp bridged at 2ohm

"Bridged with both voice coils positive together and negative together"

That could send the amp into protect

Try and watch the amp and see what happens when it gets quiet.

If at all possible sell the amp and sub and get something different

The Belva 2000.1 is a solid 1000wrms mono amp and will walk circles around that pyramid

Also try parts express for a woofer they have blowouts every now and again and you can get a crappy sub for $20

On caco there was a $150 challenge ($150 to buy a amp and sub/subs)

You could check that out to find some deals on what works decently

The box has nothing to do with it my box is all good. My wiring is rock solid, ive just bought a new battery less than a month ago.But I was thinking it could be my sub too. Its a Pyle PLCHW15 3600w max dual 4ohm 350w rms. The amp is a Pyramid PB449x 1000 watts 250 watt rms @ 4 ohms. Im sure thats prolly all a lie considering how cheap it is but thats what it says 

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

What would be causing the voltage drop?
When looking into equipment the only power ratings you should pay attention to is the rms rating the others are just fictitious numbers to fool noobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.