just another noob needing advise

Sprinkin8tor

i just sold 2 soundqubed hds315 dvc 2ohm woofers bc they needed more power than what i had them on and i do not want to spend any more money on my electrical system to handle more power, they were wired at 2ohms on a crescendo s1500.1 getting around 1000w (i know, way underpowered) in a 7cu. ported box tuned to 32hz, the only thing done to my electrical is the big 3 and that is the way it will stay except for maybe an agm under the hood replacement in the future. my question is i what would be the loudest possibe setup for 1500w at 1ohm (the amp really clamps around 1700@1ohm) space is not an issue, i drive an 03 xterra with plenty of cargo space, looking to spend no more than $400 for the subs (the box i can have built from a friend for next to nothing)...i am unbiased towards brands although i like soundqubed,and RF (not a nuthugger though lol)

Id go tline, cscstang is a box builder on here and his tlines are just insane. Low power little subs HUGE sound, now if you go big subs with those 1500w itll be nuts.

Thanks for the fast response, I like the idea of a tline box, I've never heard one in person but I hear good stuff about them, as for the sub, I am thinking either a single soundqubed hdc3 15 or 18, what do you guys think?

I was thinking 1 18 but I think 4 10s might be louder and maybe save a bit of space, what do you think?
That will depend on many factors. If all things equal, then yes. If you're talking about 4 entry level 10's compared to a monster 18", then no. Generally 1 sub is cheaper than 4 subs so that's something to consider. I also vote T line if space is not a concern.

My question can help determine which type of box. While a tline or 4th order can give a wider band width at lower power. A well designed ported can be and usually is louder
I do want it to be louder, but the catch is it's only going to be powered by a singlecrescendo s1500, I mostly listen to decaf, rap, and metal on occasion

[quote name='Sprinkin8tor']I do want it to be louder, but the catch is it's only going to be powered by a singlecrescendo s1500, I mostly listen to decaf, rap, and metal on occasion[/QUOTE]

T line is the way to go. @CSCStang T line setup is the only setup that i've heard smashing audible lows in the low 20hz along with having crazy punch on metal playing all the way up to 80hz strong.

[quote name='Jeffdachef']T line is the way to go. @CSCStang T line setup is the only setup that i've heard smashing audible lows in down low 20hz along with having crazy punch on metal playing all the way up to 80hz strong.[/QUOTE]

I sent him a DM asking for a quote

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.