Subs killing someone

spydyplayer
10+ year member

2 Alpine Type R 15"s
Missouri
Okay, me and my friends were wondering... say in some freak accident, someone gets in your car and they die due to the loud SPL of your subs. Would you be charged with a crime or what would be the deal. Strange question I know but ya never know... haha

Okay, me and my friends were wondering... say in some freak accident, someone gets in your car and they die due to the loud SPL of your subs. Would you be charged with a crime or what would be the deal. Strange question I know but ya never know... haha
There is a more important question you should ask, can the SPL produced by a competition quality setup over the span of less than 10 seconds kill you? You could easily go deaf but killing someone would be difficult unless he/she had a prior medical condition that could be aggitated by the situation you are presenting.

Yes there are vehicles that will kill you if you sat it in for under 3 seconds.

You would be charged with..probably... reckless homocide and given whatever your state deems as a fair punishment which is still going to be something really high.

i dont think u would get charged with anything if they got in the car willingly...but if u forced them in and closed the door...or help in anyway...im pretty sure the government would slap you in the ass with something

if your gun was sitting on a table and someone shot themself in your house, you are still charged

its the same thing.

I'm almost positive that even 170+ dB isn't enough to kill a healthy person....even if you sat in there for a few minutes. You might have trouble breathing, swallowing, seeing and definatly hearing afterward, but you'll still be alive.

I had the pleasure of sitting in a van that was doing 163 on a tight lin-x mic, and although I didn't die, it was quite unpleasent.

The vehicles that will do 160+ aren't usually the type of vehicle you'd hear in the parking lot of BB on saturday night. These are multi-thousand dollar pieces of equipment that are owned by professionals who wouldn't allow you to sit in them while turned on full-hilt, even if you were stupid enough to want to.

If your daily driver is pushing more than 160dB, please report to the nearest sound-off organization, because it's quite possible that you own the loudest street class vehicle in the world //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Only way extreme bass can kill someone is if they had a prior medical condition, such as a weak heart. Even then it's not really the bass per se that does it.

Now, as for the general notion of "subs killing someone", it's really easy for a sub to kill you -- just have one Solo X dropped on you from a few stories up, and you'll be dead right quick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif.

I killed some guy the other day who scratched my audi. Here's the secret: make a human-head sized hole in the side of your box. Place head in hole.

170 db at a normal SPL frequency, like the 40 hz range would most likely not kill a healthy person...

But what about 170 db at 7hz, the res. frequency of the human heart?

That would kill someone wouldn't it... even though you will never see a system that loud at 7hz.

I can remember of a story done about alma gates bronco used in a test against pests like bugs and it said that the soft shelled bug liquified but the harder shell bugs didn't and that is when she was hitting 175s, what about a bunny rabbit or cute little mice? somebody try it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.