Subs just don't seem loud enough

okay guys I have everything tuned right like y'all said and I used a dmm to check the voltage from the power wire to ground wire and it reads a little more than 12. while the truck is not running. Still hardly no bass coming out of the sub just a little tiny bit. Should I drill a hole through the bottom of the cab and ground straight to the frame? I am out of options and getting really frustrated because it seems to me like everything is right. I also don't get how to fix a phasing problem I see the phase knob on the amp but what to do with it? Thanks for all the help up to this point.

I don't know what kind amp do you have but i have a hifonics brz 1700 powering a single 12 dual 4 OA v.2 ported to 32 hz and to get that thing moving i had to turned the bass boost level to 9:00 and gain to 4:00.

I don't know what kind amp do you have but i have a hifonics brz 1700 powering a single 12 dual 4 OA v.2 ported to 32 hz and to get that thing moving i had to turned the bass boost level to 9:00 and gain to 4:00.
No... just no... you can't just set gains and bass boost willy nilly

Grob. Unhooking one sub see what happens. Phasing issues because of wiring will take 5 Minutes to fix. Unplug on and if it gets louder then one is wired wrong.

unhook the sub wires going into the amp...grab a 9v battery. Touch pos-pos and neg-neg with the speaker wires and battery. If both subs move the same way, they're in phase. If not, out of phase

A ground issue isn't really going to cause a decrease in volume. At least for me it didn't, just gave me ****** voltage

I have attached pictures of the settings on my amp and a picture of my current ground. As far as checking the phase, when i read the ohms on the wires going into the speaker terminals on the amp it reads 2 ohms. I have them wired together using this wiring diagram.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

2njarlc.png

29e0waa.png

There have been 5 or so post about phase. Check it out and rule it out. Its the fastest and easiest thing You can do. Unhooking the second speaker. If its a phase problem, unhooking the second speaker will make just the one still playing 5 times as loud as both playing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.