Subs just don't seem loud enough

OP,

You said you rechecked the wiring to the subs but did you try running just one? I had the same thing happen to me and I tripple checked that all my speaker conections were correct but still had the same issue (subs were moving just very very low output/volume). I did what these guys have been saying and switched one my speaker wires so that the Phase was reversed and it pounded like a mofo!!! To this day I know I originally had it wired correctly, I can't tell you why but it for some reason I had to have one of the subs wired "out of phase" to get it to work correctly.

They are wired together. When you say switch the wires how should I go about doing that like which ones and stuff because the way they are wired idk which ones I would switch.

unhook the sub wires going into the amp...grab a 9v battery. Touch pos-pos and neg-neg with the speaker wires and battery. If both subs move the same way, they're in phase. If not, out of phase
A ground issue isn't really going to cause a decrease in volume. At least for me it didn't, just gave me ****** voltage
They are wired together. When you say switch the wires how should I go about doing that like which ones and stuff because the way they are wired idk which ones I would switch.
everyone is saying it might be a phase issue....check it like I said and report back

they sound awesome....played everything and got **** loudKinda wish I didn't sell them now
Did you ever meter them? I'm only asking because when I get the money up, I'm thinking about buying either an XCON or a ZCON and running it on 2k or 2.5k respectively.

Did you ever meter them? I'm only asking because when I get the money up, I'm thinking about buying either an XCON or a ZCON and running it on 2k or 2.5k respectively.
meca style (headrest, door open) my best score was a 153.1@40hz

with 2 xcon's and 3500 I did a 151.6@40hz in the same box

meca style (headrest, door open) my best score was a 153.1@40hzwith 2 xcon's and 3500 I did a 151.6@40hz
That's **** respectable, makes me wanna get some SSA subs right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

145.6 with one 15 zcon in my trunk. I love the zcons. Iv had all the sizes. You would never regret getting them

Holy crap dude a million people have said just unhook one sub and play the other only. If they are wired together than remove all wiring and just run one single sub to the amp. If two speakers are out of phase it means one is going out while the other is moving in. The two cancel each other out and you can't hear either. Just google speaker phase and you'll understand it immediately.

Holy crap dude a million people have said just unhook one sub and play the other only. If they are wired together than remove all wiring and just run one single sub to the amp. If two speakers are out of phase it means one is going out while the other is moving in. The two cancel each other out and you can't hear either. Just google speaker phase and you'll understand it immediately.
I know lol. I don't know why its taking so long

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.