Subs just don't seem loud enough

Okay. Could a bad ground cause a wattage drop in the system? It's just not making any sense to me that my friends l7 12s can be heard from down the road and my two 15s sound like some cheap 10s just enough bass to over ride door speakers.
absolutely. what are you grounded to? that was my issue with my system at first.

I have the amp grounded to an existing seat bolt and I sanded off As much paint as I could. This was the only easily accessible thing to put the ring terminal onto.

I can't find anywhere else to ground to. What do you reccomend I do for a ground. I've considered that was my problem from the start but the fact they were merely working made me push it aside until now.

I have the amp grounded to an existing seat bolt and I sanded off As much paint as I could. This was the only easily accessible thing to put the ring terminal onto.
That's a lot of amp to be grounded anywhere but directly to the frame. Seat bolts in newer cars are usually oddly shaped and make horrible grounding points. Definitely change the ground and see if that helps.

Grobbins, are you talking about my setup, lol, BC I'm having the same exact issues and practically the same scenario.
Haha glad Im not the only one. This is so aggravating. I've got too much money in this for it not be loud.

I can't find anywhere else to ground to. What do you reccomend I do for a ground. I've considered that was my problem from the start but the fact they were merely working made me push it aside until now.
ground to the actual frame of the car, or spend the extra money to do one long ground connecting straight to your battery.

how would I go about grounding straight to the frame? Run the ground out of the cab onto the frame? what kind of screw or an actual bolt? can the ground get wet ? lots of questions I know but I want to be sure. Still learning here lol

how would I go about grounding straight to the frame? Run the ground out of the cab onto the frame? what kind of screw or an actual bolt? can the ground get wet ? lots of questions I know but I want to be sure. Still learning here lol
nah keep it dry. and you should use a bolt and nut. you just gotta get creative and make your own ground :p

Haha glad Im not the only one. This is so aggravating. I've got too much money in this for it not be loud.
Yes, I'm so disappointed, just like you, I used to have an L7 15" and sounded way louder than now after spending almost 2k upgrading my stuff.

also check and make sure your subs aren't out of phase ,been seeing that alot around here lately as well,also you said you box is 6.5 ^3 ,is that before port and sub displacement or after that also may be an issue .

Fi SP4, crescendo amp, custom enclosure, hu, new wiring, etc... My Christmas gift to myself and not yet happy about it. Guys, if you can please help me out on my "Box hz tuning" thread also, I'm looking for every possible solution to my sub problem, I really appreciate it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.