subs for this amp?

xplicit
10+ year member

still searching for the perfect subs for me... and need some help...

first off, i have a kenwood KAC-729S 600 watt amp... currently poweing two ten inch mtx thunder4000's(not to good, which is why i wanna upgrade)... anyways... ive had some choices... but i REALLY need your guys help...

JL w3's:... people have told me these are the best i can get for my amp... problem is, the only store that sells them around here are charging $199.99 each for these suckers.... is this a reasonable,/correct price for the jl w3 ten inch??

alpine type-R's.: ive been told my 600 watt kenwood cannot handle two ten inch alpine type-R's... my question is, WILL my amp, or CAN it handle them??...

i suppose all im trying to find out, is what subs should i get for this amp, for the best preformance/deepest bass, but then again not going REALLY high in the budget area... again if you guys can help me out, let me know, thx alot

Originally posted by xplicit still searching for the perfect subs for me... and need some help...

first off, i have a kenwood KAC-729S 600 watt amp... currently poweing two ten inch mtx thunder4000's(not to good, which is why i wanna upgrade)... anyways... ive had some choices... but i REALLY need your guys help...

JL w3's:... people have told me these are the best i can get for my amp... problem is, the only store that sells them around here are charging $199.99 each for these suckers.... is this a reasonable,/correct price for the jl w3 ten inch??

alpine type-R's.: ive been told my 600 watt kenwood cannot handle two ten inch alpine type-R's... my question is, WILL my amp, or CAN it handle them??...

i suppose all im trying to find out, is what subs should i get for this amp, for the best preformance/deepest bass, but then again not going REALLY high in the budget area... again if you guys can help me out, let me know, thx alot
still looking, eh? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

JL's sound good, they always have to me, but they can get very pricey, and like what others have said, you can get better for JL prices...

your amp handling? I tend to think that the subs handle the power, the amps merely send it. You can link your amp to a DD monster, but it just won't sound that great, I should think, like as if your deck's got mute on... your kenwood 600w is in fact a 300wRMS and 600w is peak, if I remember correctly. Peak figures are useless. Kenwood probably overrated that amp, and maybe gives out 250watts RMS in real life or something. Your amps are stable to 4ohm mono. You should ask around for 300W subs, not 600w subs. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ask around for a 4ohm 300W sub... you'll hear a lot of shiva, ED K's, etc, etc... instead of trying to get multiple subs, you might want to get a single 12" with lots of xmax...such as the ones mentioned above.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.