subs for my truck

well heres a couple subs i found..

Rockford P3 (250rms)

Polk audio MM (250rms)

Infinity REF860w (250rms)

those will be fine on 300w

theres a decent amount of kicker subs that'll take more than that(300-450), and a JL w7 will take 500rms.

if you considered runnin maybe 4 8s if you have room, diamond audio D3s are nice (200rms) and could take 250w if you get a 1000w amp.

as far as everything else idk how good the SQ on them are..

Nah... Don't do any of those.

Output on the ID subs is pretty good. And the quality is great. You won't be disappointed.

DD subs are pure SPL. Kicker aren't that great - and neither are any of the infinity, rockford, or polk subs up there. Decent, but not near the quality of the others. Diamonds are pretty nice.

i run a f150 supercrew 2001i have pioneer headunit with door speakers that are amped..

and im looking to finish my system

i was recommended to this box/sub setup

http://www.supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=15&catId=58

with 2 ID 10 subs

i want it to hit pretty nice and low and sound awesome

is this a good setup or do i have better options?

should i build a box instead?

how loud do these ID subs get,etc?

thanks
What did you end up placing in your truck re: box and subs?

Nah... Don't do any of those.
Output on the ID subs is pretty good. And the quality is great. You won't be disappointed.

DD subs are pure SPL. Kicker aren't that great - and neither are any of the infinity, rockford, or polk subs up there. Decent, but not near the quality of the others. Diamonds are pretty nice.
i disagree with this, at least for the rockford and polk, ive owned polk MMs and they're clean. and RF p3s arent amazing but are nice. but its all preference. and kicker is ok, but their moto is livin loud so they arent a good SQ sub.

NP, I may have to look into those. I only have so much room in my super crew as well.
ya for sure.. i dont want to get SUPER extravagant without making a big custom project.

i hope these will work nicely.

idk if OP has any woodworking skills but i suggest measuring and building ur own box as SuperCrew Sounds builds there boxes on the small side...After a friend purchased one we noticed we had an extra .8 cuft that could b used if the box was different because their box was so small

idk if OP has any woodworking skills but i suggest measuring and building ur own box as SuperCrew Sounds builds there boxes on the small side...After a friend purchased one we noticed we had an extra .8 cuft that could b used if the box was different because their box was so small
oh really?

i didnt know that? if so id LOVE to get extra room...

i just dont know how much space is under the seat without a seat lift. but idk if that applies to my year supercrew or are you talking newer models?

i mean i wonder if i found the box that has the seat life with 6.5 mounting and do a single 12 with the full 1cubic foot? would that be betteR?

like a fi ssd 12 with 750 rms?

yea his was single cab box idk if the same applies to ur application but i assume if they make the box small for one thing then it may apply else where

Yea same here im not sure of going with the IDs myself. I have always heard great things but again i am not sure if i wanna go that over the top for my truck. The box alon from supercrew sounds is going to run me almost 200 with shipping. So im almost thinking some 8s with maybe 300watts a piece? I dunno. I am so ****n confused here guys i need some help big time!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.