• Thread starter NomaCruisin
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
N

NomaCruisin

Hey guys, I got a 2001 Sonoma Crew Cab and I'm upgrading my system step by step as my money comes in. I started it off with a Sony XPlod Headunit (which turned out great, I absolutely love it, got the MP3 feature and all). Then I tossed in six Bostons and tweeters which give off some kickass bass for just being speakers. Anyway, next step is the subs. And the first step to getting there is getting me an amp. My problem is the lack of room in my truck.

Now, for all you truck drivers here, where would be the best. I could put it behind my seat, but that would make for a pretty small sub. Then, I could put an amp behind the seat and the sub elsewhere. Any of ya'll have suggestions? And any idea of what brand amp would be best with my Sony Xplod.

Thanks for any help.

Well In my opinion I would try to keep all the audio in your car the same brand just to keep sound quality consistant....maybe you think otherwise...just my opinion. If you lay the subs down facing the sky the you should easily be able to fit a nice 12 in the back of both seats. If possible make the box big enough for the speaker but small enough to fit partly under the seat so of someone slides the seta back they won't smash onto your subs. but yeah try to stick with a Sony Xplod amp..

I like Kenwood more than anything but I plan on sticking to the same brand throughout the car...

Adam Chandler

If i were you i wouldnt get a sony amp unless it is an es model. Many people have had problems and complants about the others and it depends on what type of bass you are going for.

There isnt much reason for you to put 12's in that truck. Even nice 8's or some tens would be really nice but more important is that they sound good. Listen before you buy to find what you really nice, that is always the best way to go. Just opinoins, not facts.

later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.