Subs are very very low

DarrenB

I recently changed my car starter battery (the other was dead). I have never changed a car battery before, but it seemed to have gone well, everything worked; but when I turned on the system my subs barely produced any bass (nor did they move much). I noticed when I looked into my headunit all the settings were reset to factor, so I adjusted them all back to what I remember, but the bass is still low.

What else could be the problem? Maybe there's an incorrect filter on, blocking out the bass? I looked through the headunit but all the cross-overs and filters are set just as they were before. And there is, as far as I have noticed, no low-pass filter built into the head unit.

Vehicle: 92 Saturn SL1 - 5SPD

HU: Alpine CDA-9884

Subs: Three Audiobahn aluminum/chrome Sound Q subwoofers

Amps: Jbl (1000W), Earthquake (600W) and USacoustic (75W) The two big ones are for the subs, and USaccoustic is for my two 6x9 kickpods.

Check the voltage going to your amplifier with a DMM.

Unhook your speaker wire from your amp, and measure the resistance of at the wires to insure the subs aren't damaged.

When you rehooked the new battery, did you hook the positive or negative terminal first?

What is a Flux Capacitor? I have a 1.5 Farad Cap that's recieving power.
A flux capacitor is the key to time travel. But do you have 1.21 jigawatts?

flux-capacitor-real.jpg

Check the voltage going to your amplifier with a DMM.
Unhook your speaker wire from your amp, and measure the resistance of at the wires to insure the subs aren't damaged.

When you rehooked the new battery, did you hook the positive or negative terminal first?
I hooked up the positive first (red).

*Note: I am getting some sound from the subs, but not allowed. And the current meter on one of the amps is still moving, just very minamaly. It's as if the system isn't getting enough power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.