Sub Woofer Wiring Help

maxlaitinen93

Boston
Hello everyone - Just want to start by thanking anyone taking the time to read this.

I recently put an old Kenwood 12" 700w subwoofer I had from a few years ago into an enclosure and purchased a Dual DA6002D 600w amplifier. For a receiver I have a Boss BV760 Elite touchscreen head unit. I initially wired the amplifier to and Add-A-Fuse which was wired into the cabin fuse box. The subwoofer functioned for a total 5 minutes and cut out. None of the wires had come undone. Initially I assumed that maybe it was the add-a-fuse so I experimented wiring the amp directly to the battery, still nothing. I tested my girlfriends amp which would briefly turn on and then immediately turn off. I doubt its the ground wire because that had a good clean connection. A few things - the gauge of the power wire is very thin, and when I wired it to the battery the contact was not perfect to the terminal, But i would assume the amp would still turn on.. I feel like I've tried everything and nothings worked - Also I drive a 2008 honda fit. Any ideas? Thanks again!

Well how thin is thin ?and is ur ground same size as ur power ? Check ground make sure it’s grounded at a good spot and scrape paint away to make sure it’s making good connection. Also if u have a dmm check to make sure ur getting voltage at amp Could be lots of dif things how is sub wired maybe giving amp ohm load it doesn’t like

Probably like the thinnest it can possibly be. The spot were its grounded is completely clean and its making good contact with the metal so it can't be that. The amplifier still will not turn on even with the speaker not plugged in so I don't think it's that either.

agreed with others. Using a Dmm (digital multimeter), check the volts at the amp.

Checking if the amp is receiving power is where you want to start. Then people can suggest which direction to look next.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.