Bridged, 4 ohms: 400 x 2 chan

I have a pair of Alpine components:

Peak Power: 330W

RMS Power: 110W

4 Ohms Impedance

I have a Pioneer DEH-x6900BT head unit:

front, rear and sub preouts

Questions:

I'm only running the pair of components up front off of this nvx amp. how do i bridge the amp and get a 4 ohm impedance? or is that not possible? Should i not bridge the amp at all? do i need to use both the front and rear preouts to be able to fade to the left or to the right? if so how? Thanks to all that reply.

its all answered in the owners manual which should have came inside your amp's box or google search online.
ive looked in my manual and searched extensively on google for "how to bridge 4 channel amp with pair of 4 ohm components" but i cant find anything because most people use two sets of speakers. I'm just using the front pair. so correct me if I'm wrong, if i wire the speakers in parallel ill get a 2 ohm load? is there anyway to wire them to the amp and get a 4 ohm load bridged? wouldn't running the amp at 2 ohm cause it more stress?

its easier if you just get rid of the passive crossovers completely and just run active with front two channels for tweeters and rear channels for mids. it'll be 2 channel stereo mids and highs. No front or rear with passive crossover garbage. This is assuming your head unit is active capable though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.