Sub up port back box for dual 12s at 38hz

zwschulte41

US
Looking for ideas to make a box for my 94 suburban. I want sub up to nothing can puncture the speakers if I throw anything back there. Any help would be cool. I'm new here but I understand basics in car audio.

Sent from my G3123 using Tapatalk

Why 38Hz? That just seems high to me....maybe I'm used to 30 I dunno.........

Need more info. What subs? What amp to power them? Def a lot of room back there so I wont ask for max dims.

Why 38Hz? That just seems high to me....maybe I'm used to 30 I dunno.........
Need more info. What subs? What amp to power them? Def a lot of room back there so I wont ask for max dims.
Skar audio rp1500Skar ivx 12v 2. 2ohm

I'm not sure about the whole tuning, website suggests 38hz. If you have any advice on tuning I'd definitely be interested.

[quote name='zwschulte41']OK how would I achieve this

Sent from my G3123 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

length of port piece. @shredder2 can maybe design you a box if your nice to him.

My son's first setup had a pair of these... they were not very impressive and did not go low too well...

https://www.skaraudio.com/products/ivx-12v2?variant=17690821313

That said, in my experience the slightly more expensive Skar subs do just fine as long as they're enclosed correctly. The lowest line by skar I'd use with that amp is Vvx. My personal tastes like a sub to sub, so a 34-35hz tune is as high as I'd tune for a daily box.

Ya the ivx are pretty meh. Do SA Ev3 at least. If you insist on Skar, as mentioned, the VVXs are definately an upgrade

I've seen bigger motors on 200-250rms subs lol. Those low end Skars are designed to a specific price point rather than performance.

4cf with a 6 inch round port between 8.75-11 inches long would give a tune between 35-38hz

Im actually gonna model em tomorrow on that power... we'll see if it looks like the cones are gonna stay in the basket... his car... his $$$... I'll try my best

I guess the gain can be set lower after all

My current budget isn't the greatest. So I'll live with those for now until so more money opens up I'll upgrade for sure.

Haven't bought anything yet. Trying to keep everything under $700. That's with a 4 channel and replacement speakers as well.

If you haven't bought anything yet, get some American Bass DX's for $59 American Bass DX 12 Inch 250w RMS SVC 4 Ohm Subwoofer - SSA STORE

and get a JBL 5501 or the Infinity equivalent for less than $150, it's a 500w amp that does over 800w

That will perform much better than those Skars. The AB DX subs model up nicely and will hit the lows better than the Skars

edit: or hell get a CAB 1600 and 4 AB DXs. You need a good amount of cone area for that Suburban.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.