Please help with my single cab box build

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2014 ram 1500 single cab. I changed my mind about the subs im going with now that im back from deployment (yayyy).

I am soon to be purchasing 2 Sundown Audio SA-12 D2s and with a Crecendo BC2000d.

After measuring my truck, i can deal with a wedge box 17” high, bottom depth of 11”, top depth of 5”. Using 3/4 inch MDF, if i build a sealed box 41” in width , that will give me 2.3xx cubes. Sundown asks for 1 cube each (sealed). with a .14 displacement, I figured 2.3 will give me room for a brace or 2.

Here is my question:

If i build a ported box with those same dimensions using a 59” width, it will give me 3.35 cubes (1.5 each is recommended not counting .14 displacement) but i only have 59.5 inches of usable width behind my seats. Since the top depth is only 5”, i figured i would use an aeroport mounted low on the side. Is the remaining 1/2 inch or so of clearance enough for the port to breath so close to that wall? If so, what size aeroport would i need (diameter and length) to have a 32-35hz tune with proper port area?

Or am i better off just rocking the sealed box?

Thank you very much

Your in Jacksonville? You need to get with @Popwarhomie. He's there also....I would def recommend him to help you out. The people that know how to get loud, are the ones I would work something out with.

Hmmm. Do you think 2 ported 10s will hit harder than 2 sealed 12s?

The website only asks for 1-1.25 cubes each ported. I could rock with the 41” box (minimum) ported, keep 2.3xx cubes and call t a day!

I just recalculated with the 12volt calculator.

17” tall

Top depth 5”

Bottom depth 11”

Width 51.25”

Gives me 2.90064 cubes

(2x) 1.25 plus .1 displacement is 2.7 leaving me .2 for bracing and aeroport displacement?

I have 59.5” of width behind my seats

I think yall changed my mind. Ima go with the 2 10s ported. I know i have the space back there. I hope the calculator at 12volt is not steering me wrong lol.

I need help with the aeroport tho. Precision port’s calculator says i need a single 4” aeroport 9.5 or so inches long to achieve 32hz but im confused because below it, it says minus 6” from the recommended length. That means i need a 3.5” long aeroport which sounds wierd. (I dont know why it sounds wierd because i dont know any better but it sounds short to me) also, isnt there a port area that i need to be concerned with? The calculator doesnt mention anything about it. Lastly, if the 3.5” long aeroport is all i need, how much does it displace? My box will be 2.9 cubes but thats including .2 cubft. to account for port and brace displacement. If i only need .1, will the remaining .1 throw off my 32hz?

I know im asking for alot but...them formulas scare the **** outta me lol. Thanks for any help!!

The size of the port will depend on the power you've got... the length of the port depends on box size/port area and tuning.

An aero huh?.. IMO a single 4" wont be enough if you put some power on em... and those SA's can get down with some power.

jaGmE8o.jpg

Thats why im here lol. I did my box on sketchup but i did the ends like caps and inlaid the top. Looking at yours, im an idiot lol. One brace in the middle and the face will be braced 3 times counting the sides lol. Thanks bro!! As far as the power question, im running a crescendo bc2000d. I didnt know the power mattered when determining ports. Thanks again!

Im not set on 4”. Ill do any aero that makes the best sense. Im just oblivious on the matter.

Probably reach port compression with the bc 2k and 1 4"
Best i could come up with is a 6" pvc... just rounded... not an aero... kinda close to the walls but its doable

22" long tuned to 33hz... both subs on drivers side... port on passenger side. side firing... box 56.5" wide... I'd try it

OcBhV10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.