Sub under passenger's seat

Participant count
  • Participant list

UnderFire
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I was just wondering what the best way was to set-up a sub under the passenger seat. It's going to be in a very small cab, and may never see hard use.

Sub is a Dayton HF15, on 400W RMS.

Box will be 4-4.2 Cubes tuned at 30Hz with a single 4" Aero.

The sub can be mounted firing up into the bottom of the seat, or firing down into the floor. Port could be mounted towards the passenger's door, Forward behind either one of their legs, firing down or firing up under the seat.

Looking for clarity and sound quality, along with good low end response at low volume.

i maybe totally insane here but how in the world are you going to fit a 4 cu.ft. box under a seat? let alone a 15" sub. only way i see possible is taking seat out and setting up sub in the space left lol.

i maybe totally insane here but how in the world are you going to fit a 4 cu.ft. box under a seat? let alone a 15" sub. only way i see possible is taking seat out and setting up sub in the space left lol.
It's in a '51 Ford F-1, The seat is a flat bottomed seat from a late model, and since the stock frame won't be in the way, it will be sitting around 16 inches off of the floor, Also with ~2 ft. of depth, I could actually get about 7 cubes under there if the rest of the equipment didn't have to be mounted there as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.