sub recommendations

SuckMikeHawk23
10+ year member

#1 Laker Hater
i'm selling my current system in order to get a new one, i'm pretty set on getting a JBL BP1200.1, so now i need a set of matching subs.... i want a SQL setup, so please give me some recommendations... i'm looking at spending about 400-500 on subs... my thoughts so far are 3 12" Type-R's, 3 JL 12W3's, or 3 Shivas.... any other suggestions are welcomed... what would you do?

ive got 2 15 inch w3s man o man do the sound great they dont only hit every note they pound like hell. my lady has 2 12inch w3s with 300 watts to each in small seald boxes and they pound like hell to so with three it would only get better

i have to jl w3's amnd the pound liek hgell amnd i have a crappy amp too i only have a sony 700 watt one so if u hook up a better amp they will pound like hell !!!

****, if only i made a penny for every one of these threads i saw... i'd be soo rich, I'D OWN that 66 inch sub that operates at 6Hz

Anyhow, the type Rs sound gret at low levels, but not good for anything above its RMS, or close.

the JLs pound harder than the ones you listed... shivas... possibly, but I'm not familiar with them.

Originally posted by SuckMikeHawk23 i'm selling my current system in order to get a new one, i'm pretty set on getting a JBL BP1200.1, so now i need a set of matching subs.... i want a SQL setup, so please give me some recommendations... i'm looking at spending about 400-500 on subs... my thoughts so far are 3 12" Type-R's, 3 JL 12W3's, or 3 Shivas.... any other suggestions are welcomed... what would you do?
DON'T GET PERFECTS

Originally posted by member02  

Anyhow, the type Rs sound gret at low levels, but not good for anything above its RMS, or close.
I've had different experiences with the Type R, infact was able to push 750 Rms to each of 2 Type R 12's.

Anyhow, all of your choices should get the job done. It's just up to you to see which one is the better deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.