Sub question

Participant count
  • Participant list

snipe523
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Troy, NY
Ok I've been out of the game for a good 5-6 years and it seams like everything has changed in the audio world in that time. There are a bunch of new companies now that I have no clue about. I am in the market for 2 8" subs with a max mounting depth of 5.25". These will each get about .5 cubes in a sealed box. My main goal with these subs will be good sq. I like to crank it up now and then but I don't need them to shake my truck apart. I just want it to sound good when I do crank it. So of the new crop of subs what would you recommend that meets my criteria?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundown sd-2 8.

I had six of these in a quasi-6th order enclosure and it got loud and low.

For the application you described these fit the bill.

The sd-3 line has been released but no mention of the 8's from sundown in the sd-3 line. The difference between the sd-2 and sd-3 8 is the surround design and some cooling improvements. Other than that they are basically the same sub.

Amazon.com : SD-2 8 D4 - Sundown Audio 8" 300W RMS Dual 4-Ohms Subwoofer : Vehicle Subwoofer Systems : Car Electronics

Sd-2 8's or wait for the sd-3-8's.. You could also take a look at sd-3-10's since they have the same mounting depth as the 8's.. Not to sure on cube requirements off the top of my head. .5-.6 maybe?

Sent from my DL718M using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.