Sub Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

NastyNate92

I have a Pioneer 760 watt amp like this Pioneer USA - GM-5400T - 2-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier with 760 Watts Max. Power and I want to power 2 12 inch Pioneer subs like these Pioneer USA - TS-W303R - 12" Component Subwoofer with 1200 Watts Max. Power I was wanting to know would I blow the subs with this combination? I'm thinking I wont but I just wanted to make sure before I went out and spent the money. I feel stupid for asking but I would like to get to know more about amplifiers. If you could please explain more about RMS (nominal power) using this setup I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Nasty Nate

you wont blow them, just be sure not to crank the gain..

edit; worry about the RMS ratings, thats what the sub can handle daily, and what the amp most likely puts out unclipped.

Is the gain what makes them hit harder I just want a loud system and the only place I can really go is walmart. This is what they had that was nice. And what does unclipped mean?

I would skip the amp and find something different. I had 2 of those amps, they are rated at 380 rms. Your subs are 500rms total. People like headroom so a 5-600rms better amp would work better to maximize your output.

if you can buy online you can get almost 2x bang for your buck as walmart

order offline, dont go to walmart. for the money u are wanting to spend on that, you could buy alot better offline. clipping is, basically distored signal from the amp.

they wont blow. as long as when your setting the gain you use a dmm, or leave it turned down..adjust till you hear distortion then turn it down just a bit.. but i suggest a dmm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.