Memphis Sub and amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have two memphis 12's (M3214D) in a ported box with a memphis belle amplifier, its a 5 channel amp with 1150 rms. These subs hit very hard but are not sounding as good as they should. When i first got them they sounded great, then i messed with the settings on the amp and they dont sound as good now. Any ideas on how to tune the amp to its full potential or what should i do to make them sound better. (I have them wired up at 1ohm in parrellel). Thanks, Josh

You most likely messed with he LPF AND HPF and maybe the subsonic filter, also is there a bass boost? you should turn that off and just use the gain ( or play with it but I think it sounds best very low or off as it only boosts a certain freq around 40-50 hz i believe) the LPF should be set to 80-120hz which sets the highest freq the subs will play the subsonic, depending on your box can be set at 20-30 hz if your not sure try mid 20s I would just read through your manual and reset your whole amp make sure your filter is set to lpf and not hpf for the sub channel, hope this helps somewhat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.