Sub power help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I’m running the gauge wire that comes with a amp install kit I don’t remember what gauge it is but it is the correct size.

And some shop wants to use a distribution block which I see it should be ok but I’m no pro at this kind of stuff that’s why I’m asking you guys.

I’m running the gauge wire that comes with a amp install kit I don’t remember what gauge it is but it is the correct size.
And some shop wants to use a distribution block which I see it should be ok but I’m no pro at this kind of stuff that’s why I’m asking you guys.
yeah u use fused dist block for power wire and a non fused dist block for the ground or make a new ground for 2nd amp but lets say your power wire is 10ga thats not big enough for 2 amps is y i asked (unless they both like 200rms amps) also u have to know wire size to order the dist blocks and u have to use 2 short wires 1/2 the size of wire from batt to split off to each amp.. so u need to know wire size and amps u run matter as far as if wire u have is big enough to power both amps..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/381842959941

These are made by Stinger and I use these on installs,and have never had any issues with them or any Stinger product ever.Its all I use.I placed one in a neighbors truck 3 years ago and still looks and performs. If the gauge you are using is smaller than 4ga for a pair of amps of needing 2x25 amped fuses, Id recommend upgrading to a min of 4ga supply wiring and do the Big 3 in 4ga MIN.

All came out great I used a four channel JBL amp and some good rca wires I installed some 6X9 Cerwin Vega old stock but new speakers and up front I’m running some MA Audio 4X6 speakers on my GMC 1993 Ext/Cab truck and for my bass I’m running a 12” Kicker speaker with a Fosgate old school amp and my sound system sounds great I’m mean the best sounding stereo sound I have ever had oh my HU I’m running a Alpine stereo that has three sets of RCA jacks and a extra set to connect my phone I’m one happy camper.

6x9 Rear Speaker Install - GM Truck Central This is where I got the idea and it works guys.

All came out great I used a four channel JBL amp and some good rca wires I installed some 6X9 Cerwin Vega old stock but new speakers and up front I’m running some MA Audio 4X6 speakers on my GMC 1993 Ext/Cab truck and for my bass I’m running a 12” Kicker speaker with a Fosgate old school amp and my sound system sounds great I’m mean the best sounding stereo sound I have ever had oh my HU I’m running a Alpine stereo that has three sets of RCA jacks and a extra set to connect my phone I’m one happy camper.
6x9 Rear Speaker Install - GM Truck Central This is where I got the idea and it works guys.
Nice setup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.