Sub positioning in a SUV?

RCobra07
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Any thoughts/recommendations on best placement? This is a daily driven '06 Dodge Durango, so I am not willing to do a wall. I had down-firing before and that ******. So, I am basically looking at options of rear, forward, or up firing? Subs are still being determined, but I doubt they will play much of a role in which direction sounds best for a SUV. In any case should be either 2 12"s, or 2 15"s, or maybe 4 12"s.

Suggestions?

THANKS!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

subs up port back and why does everyone wanna run 4 12s after i decide to do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Figure out exactly what subs you want first and the maximum space you have available...then we can figure out the type of box that'll work for that setup. Recommending subwoofer orientation without knowing anything about your equipment and listening preference is completely useless.

Tuan

Figure out exactly what subs you want first and the maximum space you have available...then we can figure out the type of box that'll work for that setup. Recommending subwoofer orientation without knowing anything about your equipment and listening preference is completely useless.
Tuan

My dilemma is trying to fit a box behind my 3rd row of seats. Up-firing is going to be nearly impossible though, and as I suspected, everyone is recommending up-firing. I could do rear-firing, but the subs would be just and inch or two from the rear hatch. So, if I am going to up-firing, it kind of changes things all together to allow for more cu.ft. since I'm not dealing with the angle of the seat and all.

As for the ports, I have heard they should be on the same plane as the subs...I take it this isn't necessarily true?

subs up port back, subs as close as possible to the hatch without interfering with the port.
can you explain that a little better. im bout to make my box sub up port back but i dont understand what you mean by this.

subs up port back and why does everyone wanna run 4 12s after i decide to do it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
bc your a sexy man;)

i usually do sub and port up
my last setup was like that. sounded great...

can you explain that a little better. im bout to make my box sub up port back but i dont understand what you mean by this.

I think he meant no interference as in the hatch blocking the actual port hole. I'm not sure what a good distance is though...2-3" maybe:confused:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.