Whose going to get loudest off 1-1.1kWrms? Dual 8s, 10s, or single 12?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm looking to switch up the setup in the Mercedes now, I am planning on running a single 12 or dual 10s or dual 8s. I'm hoping to keep enclosure volume small as to retain some of my trunk space. The substage will be ran off of a memphis belle 5ch. I need the woofer(s) to be able to be wired to 1ohm to get the most power out of the belle.

So my questions are, what sub will get loudest off ~1-1.1kWrms? I have been looking into the IDMax but would like to see any other options out there.

If the IDMax needs a good amount of enclosure volume, then I'd like to run two 10s or 8s sealed or ported.

Other question is, what subs will enjoy ~500rms a piece and can get loud in small sealed or small ported boxes? If I must go ported, I will make a shared chamber enclosure for both woofers.

If anyone has any other ideas please give a holler!

Thank you,

Ron

how much room are you willing to give up?

I had my idmax in 1.5 sealed.

Sounded great not super loud but decent. When i ported it, it got nice and loud and sounded great.

Its enclosure was about 2.5cubes

how much room are you willing to give up?
I had my idmax in 1.5 sealed.

Sounded great not super loud but decent. When i ported it, it got nice and loud and sounded great.

Its enclosure was about 2.5cubes
I see, thanks for the input.

Yeah, I'm hoping to stay less than 2cubes total. I could maybe do 2.25 and build the enclosure thin and push it all the way back against the rear seat. I guess that depends on the mounting depth of the woofer though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.