Sub or No Sub in Silverado

DopeCracker
10+ year member

I'm looking to put a set of ID CTX65CS's in my silverado ext cab running around 100-150 watts rms. Gonna put the dynamat xtreme door kit behind them. My question is, should I run sub in addition to this, or do you believe this will put plenty of bass out? I like to get a decent bass sound from chopped and screwed but only in moderation..

Also, if I do, what about running a bazooka non-amped 10" tube sub at 300w rms? Or is there something better I could do with $150. Keep in mind I have limited space under the backseat and would like the sound of a ported sub if I do indeed do one..

Thanks

i would personally run a sub, even if its a little 8, or a SQ 10".

figure out how much space u got, and if ur mostly looking for sound quality and just a little boom im sure we can help

I believe it is this

BoxMeasurements-1.jpg

Image Dynamics does make nice components with nice midbass response, but that wont give you bass. You'd be good from like 60 hz and up but the lows would be lacking.

I have an 03 Silverado and I could easily fit a nice ported 10" under the rear seat if I still had a rear seat haha.. If you lift it 2" you can fit a nice 12" ported or a pair of ported 10s. Or go big //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2010-07-27_17-09-06_523.jpg

You could do that pretty easily then. If it were me, I'd take the back seat out and mount the amp/amps to a piece of MDF that is mounted to the back wall and put the seat back in. Then if you're wanting a low powered setup like that do something like a single ported Sundown Audio SA-8 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. They can take a ton of power but 500 watts will do it nicely as well.

Ya I just saw those on woofersetc as I was going through the 8" subs. What would I do for a box tho? Also JL makes that high output box that is just about 10" tall, may be able to fit that under the seat too?

Just get yourself some 3/4" MDF and make a box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

We suggest 0.6 - 1 cube ported tuned to 30-40 hz based on your goals and preferences.

Sealed can be utilized but is not optimal for these drivers.
You could actually get away with just doing a regular rectangular box on one side of the transmission hump and accomplish it I bet. Would avoid the hassle of building the box to accommodate the hump.

if i understand it right u could do just 2 small boxes on the left and right of the hump.

20 wide, 10 high, 14 depth is easily 1 cubic foot, problem is doing a slot port is going to be hard to tune low. might have to go aero

Could do a box on one side with the dimensions posted by Cruzer and do an external aero port firing over the top of the hump. Then lay a piece of MDF on the other side of the hump and bolt it to the floor and mount the amp there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There are also a metric ton of thin mount drivers on the market now that will easily fit under a rear truck seat and only need a small enclosure, but since none of them are made by Fi, Sundown or the other forum boners and aren't meant for high power and SPL, you'll likely never hear about them on here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.