Sub or components first?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Disarmer
10+ year member

Mexia
Got about half my budget right now... already have the stereo, but should I do my component setup first, or keep stock speakers and grab the sub setup first?

The vehicle is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler. Since it's still pretty new, the stock speakers aren't AWFUL, but they're not very good either.

Personally I would put a amp on the stock speakers first. Pull the panels off and seal the doors up real good and go from there.
Good advice.

On my last car, treating the doors was the first audio modification that I did. Even with the stock speakers, the difference was very noticeable. I did one side one weekend, then the other the next....so it was easy to compare.

I would say sub stage myself. Getting new speakers, treating doors, etc. will make a huge improvement, but it won't add anything like the subs will. I'd say Subs/Amp -> Deadening Doors -> Door speakers/Amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.