sub ohm question

Participant count
  • Participant list

unrated
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
sorry guys dumb noob question, i have 2 dual 4 ohm subs, what would happen if i i ran 1 dual 4ohm sub and wired it to a 2ohm load, then the terminals outside the box jump over to the other terminals and wired it as a 2ohm load, would the amp read that as a 1ohm load , the reason is, im running 1600w@1ohm and my amp is gettin really hot at dual 4 ohm in a 1ohm load

second question is an amp question, some1 said running subs at 4ohms sounds better, i want to get a new amp what would be better

USING THIS AS AN EXAMPLE

A)1000w@4ohms

or

B)1000w@1ohm

whats a better ohm for an amp to run at

Thx

It depends on how you wire it.

If you wire each sub as a 2 ohm load then wire them in a series they'll look like a 1 ohm load to the amp.

If you wire each sub as a 2 ohm load then wire them in parallel, they'll look like a 4 ohm load.

Or I might have that backwards...

If your amp goes 1 ohm stable it will put out more power efficiently is the main difference between that and a 4 ohm load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.