sub install help

jooky

OK heres my situation: I have a 92 volvo turbo wagon and just put in a new head unit(cdc-mp32). I have $400 to dedicate to putting in a sub. I can get a alumapro alchemy 12 dvc and a jbl bp600.1 for like $325-350 combined. I will probably buy a box for around $50. I want to spend as little money as possible, so I am going to install it myself. First of all, how do I wire the amp to the alternator and to the head unit? Where the hell do i put the amp anyway? I will put the box in my trunk, which has a lot of room. How would I wire the sub? Where can I get a decent box? What kind of wire do I need?

Well to be straight up I am no pro. But here goes. To make your life simple do your self a fav got to a any stario shop and find your self a wire kit that is for what ever wattage amp you are using. Next mount the amp to the box to save time but I would sudjest to mount the Box to the floor. As for the alternator you don't hook the amp to it you hook it up to the battery. There should be a mounting piece in the kit. As for the deck there should be a remote wire that will connect to the amp along with the RCA's.

Any how I hope this helps some. Good luck

just wanted to add a few things. Don't run any wires under your car, keep them inside. make sure you put the fuse on the power wire close to the battery. Run the power wire away from the RCA's so you don't get altanater noise through your speakers. Keep the fuse out of the power wire until everything is hooked up. Good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.