sub instalation gone bad

At one point it was at 150.5 Db. The Mic was in the center of my dash. No idea what make or anything like that.

I just went in there and asked if they had the equipment to check it out. They said they did and would chek y system for $40.

It was a small mic. No bigger thatn those used with computers. It was on a small stand that had suction cups to stick it to the dash

Originally posted by Steven It was a small mic. No bigger thatn those used with computers. It was on a small stand that had suction cups to stick it to the dash

I am going to call ******** and TONEDEF.........can we pull this one to the flaming forum because this can get ugly.

why?

Thats what they used. U don't believe me, fine.

It is possible it was just a set-up they used to BS me, I'm just saying what They showed me my system could do.

Sorry but mids and highs are not going to be hitting and pressing 130db inside your car. Numer 2....your claim of SQ like a live concert? That is where I call TONEDEF I guaran****tee you are no where near a live concert and you should sit your ass inside of a pure SQ vehicle and hear the difference before claiming this. Number 3........you are dealing with a place where people have spent a LOT of time fine tuning vehicles for both and there are VERY few and far between vehicles running crystal clear SQ with a DB of 150+. These people are also VERY talented in what they do and very skilled in the design of their systems. Comming in and trying to help and be a part of the forum is one thing and very good even! But comming in here and claiming to KNOW things based on BS.....does not last very long and is part of the reason why the flaming forum ended up being created here. Because it was necessary to give a place for BS to fly.

i think you are overreacting jsut atouch tehre Alaxan...

*pass the baton this way, cause you've ahd enuf...* :p

(if you didnt notice, he said hew as still hitting 130's with the pyramids only...)

BUT, i know that unless it was a HELL of a box... (which i doubt...) he wasnt hitting that hard, or a REPUTABLE mic...

if it was jsut a shop mic (not known to be the msot accurate) then fine....

Originally posted by Wonderbread i think you are overreacting jsut atouch tehre Alaxan...

*pass the baton this way, cause you've ahd enuf...* :p

(if you didnt notice, he said hew as still hitting 130's with the pyramids only...)

BUT, i know that unless it was a HELL of a box... (which i doubt...) he wasnt hitting that hard, or a REPUTABLE mic...

if it was jsut a shop mic (not known to be the msot accurate) then fine....
Snags the baton/flask back from the jackass.......Go back and YOU read it..... after shutting down the jensen 10's he was hitting 130....... I am too be corrected as he still had two more tens running apparently, but 2 jensen 10's are not gonna add 20db!!!!

1. I've got FOUR 10's and Turning off two of them reduces my SPL to about 130.

2. The SQ I get is done with only 1 of my subs running.

3. It is possible to design and build a system that will get both SQ and SPL

4. I do know what I'm doing. Strange how people from my hometown call ME for help and not go straight to the pros. If I didn't know what I was doing, I would have screwed my reputation around here up long before I even knew that this site existed.

5. Although I have never been nor do i want to be, in a SPL/SQ contest I do know what they are. I also happen to know the world record for SPL is about 177.3 Db and was done with only 4 - 15's.

6. I also have proof that you can get 150+ Db out of only ONE 12" sub.

7. The only difference I can hear between my car and actually being at a concert, is that in my car you can actually hear what blink 182 is saying, while during a live concert you CAN'T.

And as buddy said. It was a shop mic, maybe it isn't too accurate. But until someone gives me a better sound test, this is the number i have to work with

Originally posted by Steven 1. I've got FOUR 10's and Turning off two of them reduces my SPL to about 130.

2 Jensen subs once again, will not create a 20Db increase

2. The SQ I get is done with only 1 of my subs running.

For someone who does not go to the lanes why bother with only 1 sub running for SQ and have 3 sitting there doing nothing? Also why bother mismatching subs?

3. It is possible to design and build a system that will get both SQ and SPL

I am well aware of this and know a good few of them! However again I am doubting your "truths"

4. I do know what I'm doing. Strange how people from my hometown call ME for help and not go straight to the pros. If I didn't know what I was doing, I would have screwed my reputation around here up long before I even knew that this site existed.

How would you know how long this site has existed? and because people from small town nowhere goes to you does not mean jack **** to me other than the blind leading the blind

5. Although I have never been nor do i want to be, in a SPL/SQ contest I do know what they are. I also happen to know the world record for SPL is about 177.3 Db and was done with only 4 - 15's.

177.7 and more than 4-15's

6. I also have proof that you can get 150+ Db out of only ONE 12" sub.

Because someone else has done it does not mean you can!

7. The only difference I can hear between my car and actually being at a concert, is that in my car you can actually hear what blink 182 is saying, while during a live concert you CAN'T.

I can hear the music and what they are saying just fine with a pair of shitty headphones on. Whats your point here?

And as buddy said. It was a shop mic, maybe it isn't too accurate. But until someone gives me a better sound test, this is the number i have to work with

Originally posted by Steven At one point it was at 150.5 Db. The Mic was in the center of my dash. No idea what make or anything like that.

I just went in there and asked if they had the equipment to check it out. They said they did and would chek y system for $40.

Hehe, it was a computer microphone attached to a DMM and they just told you it was 150.5 heh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

j/k

I am belling money its a handheld with suction cups. Theywant 10 bucks to test mine on a hand held @ a local shop. No ****ing way man!!! Too much **** money **borrows baton flask finishes the white lightning and refills with Jack Daniels** And the best score off a single woofer i have ever read about is 169.8 from Nate Munsion of a single DD 9510. All custom car not street legal.

J

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.