Sub hum

Participant count
  • Participant list

RyanR?03

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 10 inch Kicker Comp R with a 300watt amp connected to it. It’s set up in a 2013 Honda Accord LX and when I turn my car on it bums very loud, when I press on my gas pedal it stops the returns seconds later. When I open a car door it stops and comes back when it closes again. The sound sound just like a test tone you would play off of YouTube and is very loud, why is this happening? The ground is good, my wiring from the amp to the sub is good I checked. Is it my head unit or interference?! Please help

Make sure that your 12v power wires aren't moving around in the terminals, and check your 12v ground wire to make sure that it isn't loose wherever it's ground, and make sure the ground wire isn't moving around inside of the ring terminal or whatever you use.

You can also shake your RCA's some, and see if the RCA's have a broken wire or short in them. Bad RCA's can have broken wires that "bump" together inside of the wire sheathing, and when the broken wires vibrate together, they can cause strange noises into the amp.

Start with check all your grounds, from head unit, (upgrade if needed and whilst you have to head unit out, run s shape speaker wires around the RCAS' apply solder, and ground it to the head unit rear screws. then check RCA with multimeter, with ground, and resistance as well. Also check ground on amps with multimeter. Also advise you to learn how to use a multimeter as its your best mate for car audio installs and takes out the 'guess' work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...