Sub flapping sound

Sounds wonderful flapping is gone and it can hit deeper notes easier I think I messed up in my calculations the first time it seems tuned lower I have it at 11" with the sound bouncing off the back wall I like to tank you for your help this noise was bothering me so much

To prevent air noise in the future, download a free software called winisd, you can plug in the sub's T/S parameters and model/graph out how well a sub will perform in specified enclosures. From the frequency response to spl capabilities to Port air velocity(port noise) There's plenty of tutorials on the software on youtube. It will help you save time wasted from rebuilding enclosures.

Winisd Dosent have it in the system I might have to add the new parameters
yeah you'll have to manually add the parameters, look up on youtube for tutorials so you know how to enter numbers in properly. Make sure you get the units of measurements correct and matching up to the TS paramters. If it says cu ft or Liters next to your values, you can click on those to toggle between the values.

Figured it out didn't need YouTube found the parameters on alpines site I already figured out the measurement thing right now my box is tuned to 33.5 hrtz and I'm getting around 125 db right now with my setup

Figured it out didn't need YouTube found the parameters on alpines site I already figured out the measurement thing right now my box is tuned to 33.5 hrtz and I'm getting around 125 db right now with my setup
That db number is just to gauge how the response is going to be. That does not mean it will be 125 in the car.

I understand that my cab is rather large I know I'm probably getting 118 area
there is no guessing. You cant just claim whatever db you think you are at lol. Only way to know is to head to a competition and get yourself metered with a termlab. Phone apps or whatever alternative you can think off are worthless wastes of time too. I can see you doing a 120+ with that single 12 in a small cabin though if you do decide to get metered..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.