2006 Jeep Hello Kitty Liberty Install...

Participant count
  • Participant list
2006 Jeep Liberty System Install...

The "Hello Kitty" Liberty...

oS4JDI.jpg

The install Begins...

0 Gauge Oxygen Free Copper and Electrical. and Batteries!!!

LqR8C8.jpg

Grounds Check!

BTqODX.jpg

The teardown...

CTtQQR.jpg

The Doors...

EyXCma.jpg

More Doors

v8NNUo.jpg

Now for Mids & Highs...

gPaKIs.jpg

They Look Good!!!

wkH5Vm.jpg

Time to add x-overs

FG5Dgw.jpg

Panels back on!

Q4OEU1.jpg

To be Continued...

Crossover on the door. really?
Best place I could find for them.. Where would you have placed them? Please don't say in the door. X-overs dont like water... plus i like to save on wire lengths the shorter the better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but thats not what she said...

Wire length means absolutely squat. Its cheap. 50ft for like 20$ of 12 awg. and it depends on where you mount your amps. if you go under your seats, you can mount them next to the amps. You could also mount them up high under your dash, like before the rubber booth that goes into the door. Or you could mount them in that little pocket on doors. idk, there is amillion places other than straight up on the door.

Also tweeters on your back doors is strange, never seen that. you usually want your whole front stage to be coming from the front of the car. Those who go rear fill usually have midbass and low midrange in the doors/back deck with no high frequencies. High frequencies really define stage presence. Thats why raising your tweeters raises stage high.

having tweeters in the front and back plus having midbass/midrange drivers in the front and back, makes tuning very hard cause a nice head unit with time alignment and the like is only going to want to deal with 4 speakers. 2 tweets and 2 door speakers.

Still if it all sounds good to you. Thats what matters.

from everything i have read or studied you also dont want the tweets more than 6-8 inches away from the mids..
cause of phase interference and audio jargon i dont understand. You can have them farther away with time alignment though itll still have weird issues. some people dont even notice.

Also tweeters on your back doors is strange, never seen that. you usually want your whole front stage to be coming from the front of the car. Those who go rear fill usually have midbass and low midrange in the doors/back deck with no high frequencies. High frequencies really define stage presence. Thats why raising your tweeters raises stage high.
having tweeters in the front and back plus having midbass/midrange drivers in the front and back, makes tuning very hard cause a nice head unit with time alignment and the like is only going to want to deal with 4 speakers. 2 tweets and 2 door speakers.

Still if it all sounds good to you. Thats what matters.
Obviously you've never owned a Mercedes, Volvo, or BMW all of these vehicles utilize Front/Rear Soundstage for SQL. I have no intent on competing with this vehicle, In-fact the system being installed here was purchased for my 1988 Mercedes 300CE but I threw a rod so its been modified and installed as a hybrid SQL/SPL block-beater aimed at pissing off stupid drivers who like to cut in front of me. As far as sound quality no worries there is another set of Harmon Kardon L7 2.5 tweets in the dash to fill the stage for the front. As far as the rear this is a Jeep I have rear passengers often, and rear staging is important in my case. It's easy to look at someone else's project and say what you would do different, there are a million ways to do car audio and no predefined rules for install because every vehicle differs in volume and acoustics. The same can be said for speaker positioning, front facing, rear facing, justified are all variables that come into play, but differ from system to system. At the end of the day its what sounds good to the masses around the vehicle and I haven't had any complaints in-fact all I ever hear is DAAAAAAAAM!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.