Sundown Audio Zv6 - Looks like a Zv5 But its a ZV6

Participant count
  • Participant list

needmowatts
Pro Seller

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
man, they always said it all about the parts, I have on order a zv6 seems to be, seem sundown is having coil supply issues with PE, I think they might be using a Chinese supplier until PE gets it together, but anyways, the zv6 is from what I'm understanding a flatter tighter coil with changes in the top better cooling, better handling.

Even tho I feel like I bought an iPhone 12 PRO (zv6) after 6 months of owning an 11 pro (zv5).I hope this Zv6 is worth the wait..

Sundown Audio Zv6:: https://www.down4soundshop.com/products/subwoofers/sundown-audio/zv6-series-2500-wrms/
sundown audio zv6 motor 18 15 12 10 d2 d4.jpgsundown audio zv6 standing up 18 15 12 10 d2 d4.jpg

having coil supply issues with PE
Precision is absolutely slammed from what I'm told by the gal I deal with there. Last year I ordered some coils and it was 4-5 month lead time early in the year, ordered another batch late August and I'm still waiting, but supposedly they'll be here later this month.
I suspect they don't JUST do speaker voice coils and it may be that with supply issues from the Far East over the past year some other applications for custom wound coils started using them.
I hope for Sundown's sake using a Chinese coil doesn't come back to bite them in the arse.

Precision is absolutely slammed from what I'm told by the gal I deal with there. Last year I ordered some coils and it was 4-5 month lead time early in the year, ordered another batch late August and I'm still waiting, but supposedly they'll be here later this month.
I suspect they don't JUST do speaker voice coils and it may be that with supply issues from the Far East over the past year some other applications for custom wound coils started using them.
I hope for Sundown's sake using a Chinese coil doesn't come back to bite them in the arse.

indeed PE is extremely backed up, I heard they changed management too, but, its car audio is a 50/50 shot if it's true. Same if the Chinese coils work hell yeah! If they don't, I don't think Sundown will ever stop hearing about it. I Cant Wait for the zv6 :)

man, they always said it all about the parts, I have on order a zv6 seems to be, seem sundown is having coil supply issues with PE, I think they might be using a Chinese supplier until PE gets it together, but anyways, the zv6 is from what I'm understanding a flatter tighter coil with changes in the top better cooling, better handling.

Even tho I feel like I bought an iPhone 12 PRO (zv6) after 6 months of owning an 11 pro (zv5).I hope this Zv6 is worth the wait..

Sundown Audio Zv6:: https://www.down4soundshop.com/products/subwoofers/sundown-audio/zv6-series-2500-wrms/
View attachment 27909View attachment 27910
What’s the main difference between the Zv5 and the Zv6? Just the coil?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.