Sub enclosure air space

Participant count
  • Participant list

matrx10503
10+ year member

NAT, La
A 12" sub i'm looking at is 1.25 cu ft recommended air space.

I am looking at a dual truck box for 06 Silverado Ext. Cab.

The DF(downfire) boxes net about .95 per chamber.

How detrimental will it be to the sub in this enclosure.

If its going to affect the sub to greatly, I guess I have to start looking at FF(frontfiring) enclosure or shallow/low air space subs.

A 12" sub i'm looking at is 1.25 cu ft recommended air space.I am looking at a dual truck box for 06 Silverado Ext. Cab.

If its going to affect the sub to greatly, I guess I have to start looking at FF(frontfiring) enclosure or shallow/low air space subs.
I just built one for a 99 Silverado with 2 DD 1508's front fire, side port. Sounds pretty good man.

NVM everyone, I don't know why I crazily assumed I had to get a sealed box because it was a truck. I easily found a ported box with 1.5cu per chamber and I've decided i'm not going to buy anymore subs, i'm just going to use some old school svc Kickers. They will do all I need in the ported box and I won't have to buy a bigger amp.

Where did you find this ported sub box? Iv'e been looking everywhere for dual 12" ported sub box with at least 1.5 cu ft per sub chamber and i cant seem to find one with more than 0.95 cu ft.

A 12" sub i'm looking at is 1.25 cu ft recommended air space.I am looking at a dual truck box for 06 Silverado Ext. Cab.

You gotta do this

148778348f1e3aa2247c1d33c3dbf7e5.jpg

c1528dc7c7861ec7064eb5141adb52fe.jpg

2" lift

f793f6bb637988a363644f434b6ed79c.jpg

Hook extenders

Then talk to CSCStang about a box you'll get the air space you want he's building a box for my sundown x8's as soon as he gets the etched plexi in

If your interested in a seat lift if got enough material left over from my build...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a good idea! I never thought of actually raising the back seat. Im really interested in that seat raise because i want to build a ported box for my subs which need 1.75 cu ft per sub

$70 bucks + shipping for just the lift or 90+ shipping if you want the nuts and bolts required to do the install that's just cost of the hardware no mark up

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

And I can still sit in the back seat without rubber necking... I'm 6'3

Yea I posted a thread in miss car audio classifieds it's got the full details and more pics and a video in there

I just bumped it up to the top

Where did you find this ported sub box? Iv'e been looking everywhere for dual 12" ported sub box with at least 1.5 cu ft per sub chamber and i cant seem to find one with more than 0.95 cu ft.
Sorry for late response.

els1989 is correct....to get the "proper" boxed air space, you have to raise the seat for the 1.5 cube enclosure to fit.

Or polyfill it......

Or get an enclosure that extends slightly past the seat foot space...it will fit without raising the seat, but you will lose some floor leg room/foot space....unless you have Crew Cab I guess

The box I ordered claimed 1.5..........I didn't bother measuring, but i'm pretty sure its just the .95 cubes, because the box was stuffed with Polyfill....

I tried the poly fill on a 2 12 square enclosure and it sounded like crap... A lot better than it did without but still just crap compared to my ported single fi SSD 10

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.