sub/componet setup useing my one amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

daniel39154

This is a budget setup nothing fancy at all.

this is my amp PUNCH Amplifiers - P400-4 - Rockford Fosgate®

vehicle : 2008 z71

i am useing stock head unit with the adapter kit to run my amp.

I am going to buy 4 new doors speakers nothing fancy maybe some alpines are whatever you all suggest for around $150. the door speakers are 6.5

I am also going to run 1 10inch sub i was thinking about the apline type s 10 $85 nothing fancy.

i have read people running there componets and one sub off this amp just find.

My question is what ohm componet speakers do i need and what ohm sub do i need and whats the best way to go about running it to the amp.

I know i can buy another amp and do all that but i am on a strict budget and im not going all out just want a simple lil setup. the sub will be going under my bench seat.

All information if greatly appreciated.

IMO -

I would run a 2-ohm set of front components off channels 1 and 2. Get any good set of 2-ohm component speakers with passive crossovers that are rated for 100W RMS continuous power.

If you want to run rear-fill speakers, run them off the head-unit speaker outputs (don't run them from the amp). Get whatever ohm load your head unit can handle (probably 8 or 4 ohm)

Connect the sub by bridging channels 3 and 4 of the amp. You need a 4-ohm sub that can handle 200W RMS continuous power.

Infinity makes all their speakers 2 ohm, Polk has a line up that is 2.7 ohm. with what you're doing you'll be more satisfied with coaxials all the way around than a component set up front.

thanks alot mr foca... what do you think standard head unit will put out to the rear 2 speakers?
Most are 17 watts rms I believe. You trying to do components up front and headunit power just for the rear ? Or amp all of them. Just did components in my friends truck, alpine type r powered by a ct sounds 125.2 and they scream. His truck is a X runner, did a single 10 and it sounds nice. Have not pulled out the meter yet to see what she does. What state are you in ? If you are close to maryland I will help you out with whatever you need.

if you dont mind about losing the fader option I would suggest getting the same speakers for the front and rear (4ohm speakers) and connect them both to ch 1&2. This way you can use the fader to control level between the mids and sub level for different types of music.

well i have the 4 channel amp i am bridging 2 channels for the sub. the other 2 are going to be used for my componets. what would be the best solution running all 4 door speakers to the amp? or run 2 good front speakers that handle 100rms in the front and run the 2 rear door speaker off the headunit? all the componet speakers i am looking at are 4ohm.

this is my amps ratings but from ive read everyone saids they put out a lil more then that .

Rated Power

(RMS Continuous Power): 50 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm

100 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohm

200 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohm Bridged

so i got my adapter kit to run my amp off my stock head unit. It plug and play and 2 rca outputs and a remote.

ok one rca output it just for front speakers

the othere is for the rear

so do i take both rcas and run them to the input on the amp. then use the rear channels for the sub and the front channels for my front componets correct? i am leaving my rear door speakers to run off the amp.

i still need to know the best way to run the front door speakers because i am i have finding is 4ohm 6.5in door speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.