Sub and amp upgrade advice

afplayboy18
10+ year member

I currently have a JL AUDIO CS110LG-TW3 400w RMS powered by a SoundStream Picasso Nano 650w.

It's a good setup, sounds good, but I'd like something with a little bit more bump.

It will be going in the back of a Ford Fiesta so one 12" in a sealed box will work. I'd like to be up around 1000-1200w.

What do you guys recommend?? I have a LC2i connected that I will be running the sub off of if that matters.

''Twas just about to add that to my post....
Looking at 500-600 if possible
u can get sundown E sub for $95 on car audio bargain.com bstock same as new (other subs some better for $200) get nice ported box for $160.. if u get the E u can use same amp.. there are couple amps for $200 or less that do rated power or better mine for $169 or belva 2000 does like 950 at 1ohm (said guy here that has 1 running fu 15" hits 140db).. depends u want loud or real loud and if u can make own box save u $100

JUST a FYI if you look at budget friendly equipment. There’s a reason they are cheap usually because it junk and doesn’t have the name brand or financial backing to be good The ts amp is a good amp as well as b2 ampere sundown and a few others The cab amp I would not run even if you gave it to me seen more go up in smoke that in working condition. Reminds me of the diablo amps back in the day

Hey grandpa, how does that FU 750 sound on the PP Phantom amp? Sound pretty decent?
Seems like a pretty cheap setup price wise

ETA: that Twisted Sounds amp looks good too, beastly!
some amps have korean boards which everyone says is better than china made.. yeah it sounds great gonna do another video today look at last link in my sig for old 1.. but my sub was shipped to me with a loose surround i had to epoxy it some other have had that problem, another guy here thinks his got to much glue just fyi, maybe frank will fix it since popwar called him out on fb.. the SA or nvx, vcw are good subs ab xfl all will ported do with 800-1k ..

I hooked up the LC2i to my front speakers hehind the radio. My front speaks had a lot of static for a couple days...now they are out altogether...SMH. I used quick connectors so I guess I'll take them out and either use twist on connectors or the tube style....

Weird that it worked for a couple days, then nothing....

Blown or disconnected somewhere.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

I found this in storage today so I can either get an amp and port this or sell it and pick up something that pounds more....
SD-2 - Sundown Audio 12" Subwoofer

What you think??
Heck ya....lower budget subs but from what I read, they like them. Get a good enclosure for those along with an amp and should pound nice.

Blown or disconnected somewhere.
I don't think it's blown because I didn't connect the power to the LC2i yet...

As soon as I hooked it up it started with a small bit of static that sounded like it was a bad antenna static but then went to nothing...lol. So crazy!!

I hooked up the LC2i to my front speakers hehind the radio. My front speaks had a lot of static for a couple days...now they are out altogether...SMH. I used quick connectors so I guess I'll take them out and either use twist on connectors or the tube style....
Weird that it worked for a couple days, then nothing....
Definitely butt connectors (I believe that’s what you meant by “tube style” twist connectors do not belong in automotive applications period. Might also want to beef up the ground for the Head Unit while you’re at it never hurts...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.