Which one u would choose

krishdiesel

Norway
Hello everybody, so I am planing to buy my ride a new subwoofer, cuz my old one have recently died. So I was surfing the web and found something I liked and could afford. But then I started reading information about the products I have found and got a bit confused, cuz there was something I didnt understand.

So a while ago when I bought my first sub, I didnt know anything about car audio, so I did a quick check and learned myself the basics of car audio. But now I have come upon a new thing which I didnt undertsand. So I know what is PEAK POWER WATTS, and RMS POWER WATTS, but could somebody please explain to me what the hell is SPL POWER?

And so here is the two options I am thinking about, since Im not so good in the whole car audio business, Im not sure which would be best. Could you guys tell me which one of these two below would you choose and give an short explanation to why.

Choice 1 - Ground Zero 12 basspakke - Bass Brothers

Choice 2 - Ground Zero 15 basspakke - Bass Brothers

Thanks in advance and sorry for my not so excellent English.

spl power is some fake marketing wank that cheap pawn shop companies will use to divert attention from the real power ratings

It is it's burp rating. Meaning if you are only using that power level for a short time. Ground zero is good stuff
But on the website its says it is 1200w SPL power as well as the suggested RMS power is 800-1200w. So that really does not go together with what youre saying or is it just me not understanding something?

But on the website its says it is 1200w SPL power as well as the suggested RMS power is 800-1200w. So that really does not go together with what youre saying or is it just me not understanding something?
ok it says 800rms., lets forget the sub for now problem is ported boxes like that are always wrong.. either not enough cf or port is to small or they tuned at 43-55 hz (when u want 32-36hz) or all 3.. don't buy that.. i know u maybe limited in options in norway are there any places u can order from shipping isn't to expensive (ebay amazon or whatever) we could give u other ideas..

It is it's burp rating. Meaning if you are only using that power level for a short time. Ground zero is good stuff
This would be your best answer....as SPL Power is something I haven't heard before, but in the end makes perfect sense. It's the same as max power, peak power....meaning what the amp/sub can take for a few seconds w/o hurting it. Just keep track of rms which is continuous power, all day and all night.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.