Sub and Amp suggestions

Nico2Wavy

CarAudio.com Newbie
May 26, 2020
i got an 04 suburban, thinking of putting 2 15’s. Can yall help and give me more suggestions for subs and an amplifier (or 2 if i need it). Trying to be on a $1k budget for the subs and amp only. Also trying to be heard from a far distance.

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 22, 2019
ND
Big question is can you build your own box? I'm pretty happy with my setup, but it required some carpentry. I have an orion XTR2500.1dz and two deaf bonce apocalypse sa2615's. The subs and amp put me back around $800. With wires and box materials, I've probably spent around a thousand.

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 22, 2019
ND
Big question is can you build your own box? I'm pretty happy with my setup, but it required some carpentry. I have an orion XTR2500.1dz and two deaf bonce apocalypse sa2615's. The subs and amp put me back around $800. With wires and box materials, I've probably spent around a thousand.
Here's a video of my subs:

BCotrell

Senior VIP Member
May 27, 2015
irvine, ca
- Build your own box (60$ in material plus a few buck for someone to make you a design)

- Couple of these: ($390)

- this amp wont crush electrical ($410)

Buy a two channel rca (20$) - nvx v series are good quality
30 ft or so of 2/0 and some lugs for amp power wore and big 3 (110$)

Small spool of 10 guage speaker wire (20$)
3-4. 250 amp anl fuses and holders (30$)

Assumptions made
-You have an agm under the hood
-You don’t plan on pounding your system with the car off
-your headunit/source signal is strong and clean(not factory)

Nico2Wavy

CarAudio.com Newbie
May 26, 2020
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
are they good on sql? im not really going for spl results jus trying to be loud and have good clean sound 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds