Sub/Amp Combo ideas

pope2141

CarAudio.com Newbie
Kent
Can i get some suggestions on a good sub/amp combo please as i am lost.

I deally a powered sub would be easier for me. It'll be running off the original headunit/speaker system. So i believe i have no RCA output to play with.

I would like some deep bass, so do i need to go 12's?

The main issue is only have around £200 total to play with.

It'll be going in an insignia so a fairly large car.

Please help!!!!

Signal is going to be king man. I don’t even know what an insignia is but a decent loc is going to be $100 and might not even get the job done.
Alot of amps have an loc built in. Aka speaker level input or high input. Especially powered subs since they are designed for convenience. An Insignia is about the size of a Malibu.

Attachments

• 20200423_095310.jpg
    20200423_095310.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 20190509_113655(1).jpg
    20190509_113655(1).jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 20190423_003709.jpg
    20190423_003709.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 154
cheers guys.

what about the sub/amp combo?

i have seen a Rockford R250x1 with a Rockford R1-1x12 set within my budget. Any thoughts?

So do you have the sedan or wagon/hatchback? Sedans need a bit more power since the sub is muffled in the trunk. If sedan, you best bet would an amp/sub combo. Ported subs are best for low power applications and sound lower than sealed subs. 600 watts rms is more than enough for most people. When buying an amp, make sure it has (cea-2006 compliant) in it's specifications. If you have the hatchback/wagon, a powered sub would be perfect. 100-200 watts rms is more than enough since the vehicle will naturally amplify your bass. Plus they are less strain on the vehicles electrical system. As for brand names, I am of no help. Reason being that I would be happy with a Rockville powered sub or Fosgate Power amp/sub combo. It all has value to me.

So do you have the sedan or wagon/hatchback? Sedans need a bit more power since the sub is muffled in the trunk. If sedan, you best bet would an amp/sub combo. Ported subs are best for low power applications and sound lower than sealed subs. 600 watts rms is more than enough for most people. When buying an amp, make sure it has (cea-2006 compliant) in it's specifications. If you have the hatchback/wagon, a powered sub would be perfect. 100-200 watts rms is more than enough since the vehicle will naturally amplify your bass. Plus they are less strain on the vehicles electrical system. As for brand names, I am of no help. Reason being that I would be happy with a Rockville powered sub or Fosgate Power amp/sub combo. It all has value to me.

Thank you,

My insignia is a hatchback. I have been looking soo much over the last few weeks trying to choose right. Each time i see something. I talk myself out of it. These are my choices so far;

This ones not ported. So will bass be deep?

Not sure if this will give enough deep bass

Can't find enough reviews and only a little cheaper than the Rockford

Is this too cheap? Plus it is soo ugly

I'm just getting too confused

cheers guys.

what about the sub/amp combo?

i have seen a Rockford R250x1 with a Rockford R1-1x12 set within my budget. Any thoughts?
Rockford makes good products and are always cea2006 compliant. Although I do not know how loud that combo will be in the trunk, especially that the amp is 250 watts rms. But by that same token, if you just want to bass your interior and not the block, that would be a good combination.

Thank you,

My insignia is a hatchback. I have been looking soo much over the last few weeks trying to choose right. Each time i see something. I talk myself out of it. These are my choices so far;

This ones not ported. So will bass be deep?

Not sure if this will give enough deep bass

Can't find enough reviews and only a little cheaper than the Rockford

Is this too cheap? Plus it is soo ugly

I'm just getting too confused
I think the ts-wx300a and swd-355 are great choices. The Pioneer more power, but the Alpine has a remote and a port plug to make it sealed. So I guess it would boil down to- Pioneer=more power or Alpine=better looks. On another note, that first Rockford amp/sub combo would probably rattle your mirrors, but sacrifice space. You can not go wrong with any of those. Good luck.

I think the ts-wx300a and swd-355 are great choices. The Pioneer more power, but the Alpine has a remote and a port plug to make it sealed. So I guess it would boil down to- Pioneer=more power or Alpine=better looks. On another note, that first Rockford amp/sub combo would probably rattle your mirrors, but sacrifice space. You can not go wrong with any of those. Good luck.

So you see my issue now?

This is why i cannot decide which to choose🤯

Depending on year of vehicle it will likely have factory eq and and individual speaker input may not be a full signal(rolloff to protect speakers. Even if you go with one of those package setups it’s still an amp and sub and subject too poo poo output....signal is king!

I would start with this no matter the sub/amp you pick

-bigger the cone essentially the more bass
-Ported is bigger enclosure but again more output

That rockford setup doesn’t seem terrible in quality
the prime amps are good amps but Pay over 100$ for a 250 watt amp seems meh...

Your indicate you’re budget is equivalent to $300 usd. A couple ideas

Two of these in the 10” version in ported wouldn’t consume too much space and be easy on electrical

or...one of these:

$120 usd - this amp delivers

With the rest of your money you could build (or buy prefab...cringe) an enclosure that would work for those woofers.

I suggest getting something like Audio Control LC2 to supply signal. 10's will work just as well as 12's which may help in budget a little, and at the range your looking for the Rockford is a safe choice. If your handy at all building your own enclosure opens up more choices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.