stupid ohm load wiring question...?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rickymac21
10+ year member

2loud4u
Just need to know the wiring set up for 2 subs dvc 1 ohm subs to a class d amp.. Trying to get .5 ohm load out of it if possible.... Diagram would be much appreciated. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yea I guess its not... Oh well.. guess 1 ohm load will be good enough... Still get around 7000 rms out of a Sounstream xxx10000d at 14 volts im sure.. thatll have to do for now . . . lol. thanks guys

EDIT : Sorry guys... not DVC 1 ohm... Its quad coils apparently.. Its for 2 15" ss xxx's... so can a pair of quad 1ohm coils be wired to .5 ohms???

did you measure the coils? if they are high like 1.5ohm then you might get away with wiring everything in parallel, it will read a lil under half but you might get away with it. But honestly even running that amp at 1ohm you might have problems, 7000w on 3 batts and a 240amp alt?

did you measure the coils? if they are high like 1.5ohm then you might get away with wiring everything in parallel, it will read a lil under half but you might get away with it. But honestly even running that amp at 1ohm you might have problems, 7000w on 3 batts and a 240amp alt?
Well that is something im worried about too... I may have to settle for a little less wattage to get a stronger electrical... Then eventually get a better amp.. But what would be more sufficient do you think? Alt wise and batteries??

Well the question was directed towards jdawg but I guess he isnt answering. lol. So my question is.. what would be a more sufficient electrical set up to run these XXX's... I have heard nothing but they'll take any amount of power thrown at them so Im thinking a good 3000-4000 rms to start for each..

So I have about $500 to spend on the alternator so hopefully get one around 200-300 amps. . . And about the same amount to spend in batteries.. I was just going to get two kinetik 1800's and a yellow top under the hood. . . Along with that i do plan on having a decent amount of power and ground wiring for good current.. Im thinking 3 runs of power and 3 runs of ground.. Big 3, .. Obviously all 0 gauge.

Now givin that info what amp(s) can I pick up To give these things about 3500 rms each??? Im trying to keep the amp price under $1000. . . I had a good offer on some Soundstream 1.3400d's... Which wouldnt be bad because he said they take .25 ohms all day.. And he is running those 2 amps on a stock 90 amp alt. . . But i would like some suggestions and opinions on the matter.... anyone?

the DTR's will do work, I am pretty sure the 10000d is just a hairy ballsack xxx6500d, so i am not sure you are going to get your claimed power out of them... i just picked up two XXX4000D's myself... I do however know that the XXX line will do work too below 1 ohm.

you could sell the XXX 10000D and buy like three DTR3400's lol, i bet two of either those or two 4000d's would be perfect if you are going for the Soundstream motif.

the DTR's will do work, I am pretty sure the 10000d is just a hairy ballsack xxx6500d, so i am not sure you are going to get your claimed power out of them... i just picked up two XXX4000D's myself... I do however know that the XXX line will do work too below 1 ohm. you could sell the XXX 10000D and buy like three DTR3400's lol, i bet two of either those or two 4000d's would be perfect if you are going for the Soundstream motif.
Well The price the guy gave me for 2 of those DTR 3400's was pretty nice... And he is who im getting the XXX 15's from so it makes sense to just get the amps from him too.. probably cut me an even better deal. lol. But even without buying the subs the amps prices were very nice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif But if you say the 3400s will do their job i think ill go with those... As long as my power supply is up to par with everything???? I do have a question for you.. Just judging from your avatar u are a soundstream person, so i have a couple questions..

1. Are those DTR's strapable?

2. If yes what is the lowest ohm load i could wire those 15's? i think they are quad 1 ohm coils.

3. if not strapable, what is the lowest ohm load i can get from each 15 to each amp then??

lol its cool i know who you are getting them from and I know its a nice price.

DTower Amplifiers

read up about the amps.

i dont think they are strappable. My XXX4000D's are though hehe. But those are more than you are getting the DTR's for.

The manf. says DTR3400.1 = .5 ohm stable, then thats what I'd run them at daily. I'd just get two 3400.1's, get a nice elec sys, learn how to do some basic things like level matching amps with multi meters, learn about your impedences and how to wire **** up, and go from there...

you sound like you may need the training wheels for your mobile audio hobby still, read up and get your knowledge on before you start blowing up big budget amps.

fyi the DTR's are some of the nicest looking amps I've come across, and the ability to mount them vertically by design is fantastic. I may try those idk...

Yea ill go with the DTR's im sure.... But I have had plenty of installs actually.. my previous one was 2 18" re mt's in 14 cubes net with 1 autotek mm4000 (yes underpowerd i know) lol... Bought a 160 amp mechman alt , red top, big 3, and just some cheapo deep cycle battery. it wasnt bad... But I do need someone to kinda teach me up on multiple amp wiring and all that non sense... have only ever used one amp in every install ive done.... So I know enough to get the job done.. but everyone obviously can learn more.. I just happen to need a lot more learning. lol.. I appreciate your help though !!!

Your going to be running a 10kw amp and you don't know how to calculate impedance?
*facepalm*
Havent used a quad coil configuration ... Give me a break. lol. Im a visual kinda person so Im drawing a diagram at this moment.. Either way I have plenty of very knowledgeable sources i could turn to and help me wire it up if i wanted, but I want the pleasure of doing it myself.. DVC subs i have no issue with. but this makes more sense as i think of each sub as 2 dvc 1 ohm subs... makes more sense that way so i got it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.