cap or another battery?

Battery and also USE THE FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON!!!

is there a battery/cap sticky, if not there should be... I swear one of these fucking threads pops up every day or two... this forum is ****ed up enough without all the newbees wasting space

its prolly ****ed up like this bc i asked a simple question and get crazy *** answers like this..
The answer is neither. Do the big 3 and upgrade your alternator. Don't waste money on caps or batts until you've done this. Batts keep the voltage above 12v, but they won't stop dimming and aren't magic. Most people on this site will tell you they are magic and they stopped their dimming. They are know-nothing liars.

Generally a battery, but there could be other options depending on what else has been done. The original post wasn't too specific, so it's hard to tell you. List your system and if any other electrical upgrades have been done.

Generally a battery, but there could be other options depending on what else has been done. The original post wasn't too specific, so it's hard to tell you. List your system and if any other electrical upgrades have been done.
i have all stock as of now..have two 12" type r's and will be gettin a 12-1500W amp

Big 3 depends how small your stock alt is will depend on the upgrade after. If its a decent sized alt you can do a second battery (wouldn't go too small) and if you are going to spend $$ on an alt make sure it puts out the same if not more at idle as your stocker. When you skimp in an area and you are hard on your system the weakest link will be your headache.

big 3 and alt first. Your recharging system will be done and out of the way. It will also reduce dimming. Then get an extra batt. So you have a longer reserve before you're voltage starts to drop. Caps are one hit wonders. They will put out a decent amount of power for about 2 seconds. Then need to be recharged. They ain't worth a ****. And yes. I'm from Texas. I say ain't. And ya'll. All the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.