Stuck on eject mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

Körgull

I've had this Sony CDX-GT350S unit for a while and it has been a great unit. However, lately it has had issues with its eject and intake modes and consequently, it requires a few resets after each time I change discs in order for it to play properly.

When I eject a disc, one of two things happen:

1: the disc ejects normally and then, after about 10 seconds of sitting idle, the unit automatically attempts to intake the disc (that is no longer there) and continuously attempts to draw in the disc until it fails and tells me to reset it.

2: the disc ejects normally, however, after removing the disc, the unit continues its eject mode for a few seconds until it fails and tells me to reset it.

What seems to have flipped it out was what happened last week. I ejected a disc and grabbed it from the unit about half a nanosecond before it had been completely ejected. This caused the unit to stick on its eject mode until I reset the thing. However, once I inserted a disc again, it became stuck on its intake mode and I had to reset it again. After this second reset, the unit plays fine.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem or what I should look into to try and repair it?

Sounds like the transport is out of calibration or a belt is slipping and not moving the transport all the way out.

I'd get it at rest with no CD in the transport and then remove ALL power from it for a few minutes. It may have an initialization ritual that will calibrate it but honestly, I don't know much about modern CD transports because the last time I worked on one they were the hot new thing...

"I've had this Sony..." There's your problem right there LOL - I'm not trying 2 be a d1ck, But I've had issues with every single sony I've ever ran so I stopped running anything to do with car audio by sony years ago... They seem to make some descent home electronics, but their car audio ***** imo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.